Two Under 2

Sleep help!

DS is 20 months and DD is one month today. I really need some advice on getting them on the same sleep schedule soon. DS takes one hour or longer nap around 12:30 and DD seems to never want to sleep then. DD had a bad night last night with not wanting to sleep much after waking up at 2 a.m. To feed so now I am exhausted and was hoping to take a nap. Well DS has woken up now and DD is also still awake. No nap for me today. DH is at work until 11 p.m. Or he would watch them while I nap. Any advice? TIA

Re: Sleep help!

• To be honest, a one month old is too young to be put on a schedule. Some at that age are still getting their days and nights straight. You are honestly going to have to let her adjust in her own time. I have an 18 month old and an almost 3 month old, and my 3 month old JUST started actually sleeping through the night about a week or so ago. He just wakes up if he is hungry. Newborns sleep so much that I found both DD and DS schedules overlapped at some point.

Pay attention to the times she DOES sleep during the day and about how long. See if this becomes a pattern. If it coincides with your DS then that is great, but if not, it may be a little while before you can put DD on a schedule.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Swing!! Got DS to start taking a nap with DD at 5wks by putting him in the swing. I didn't use the swing any other time and he would usually sleep as long as the swing as turned on. He slept there until 4ish months for naps. Now I usually push back DD's nap if DS hasn't been awake long enough. DD's naptime can vary between 1230p-2p so they nap together.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"