2nd Trimester
Options

Inactive babies/anterior placenta

Hi all; long time TB lurker here with a quick question please.  Does anyone with an anterior placenta find that not only did it take a while to feel movement, but that even as your pregnancy progresses, the movements still arent very strong?  Im 26 weeks and do feel her every day now (first felt consistent movements around 21 weeks), but most times its still just flutters and rolls in my lower pelvic area, and only a few times throughout the day.  Yes sometimes (maybe every other day?) I get a strong jab around my belly button, or maybe a few pokes up higher, but overall the movements still arent as strong as I was expecting.  I had a growth scan 2 weeks ago and she was actually measuring 5 days ahead of schedule, but I do have a "huge" anterior placenta as my OB has stated.  I just get concerned sometimes, because there are days where I hardly feel her at all, and when I do, it still doesnt feel super strong...  Thx in advance!

Re: Inactive babies/anterior placenta

• Options
    Thanks Cassidy, you explained exactly what I am experiencing.  In my heart, I know its fine, but every little thing freaks me out because Im PGAL.  Its getting better though.  I have a friend who had an anterior placenta when she was pg, and she said she hardly felt her daughter throughout, so maybe this is normal for our babies!  GL to you and thx again.
  • Options
    That sounds pretty normal!  You'll feel things more intensely as baby gets bigger.  As long as you feel movements, you are all good - they will be fainter with an AP.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a little behind you, but I think with the anterior placenta it's a given that you just will not feel as much. 

I was amazed during my u/s how much the baby was moving around and I didn't feel even a hint of it -- including three very strong kicks that hit directly against the placenta/uterine wall area. 

I had been concerned that I was feeling so little, but after seeing my little dude basically playing rugby in there and I couldn't feel it, I realized I just have to accept that's how it's going to be. 

On the bright side: We're less likely to be woken up in the middle of the night by poking!  ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thx all.  I am much more relieved now that I feel her at least daily and am glad to hear that those with APs have similar experiences.  H&H (remainder) of the 9 mos to all!!
  • Options
    AP here as well and just under 25 weeks...I did not feel anything until 23 weeks and they still arent super strong but I usually feel her once an hour and then at certain times of the day she will be more active- or I guess forceful like around dinner time and bed time. I also use my doppler for peace of mind and she is also very active on u/s but my placenta is just a huge pillow between her and me right now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's completely normal! I've had an anterior placenta both times around and takes a long while to really feel movements but at this point everything hurts! There is no lack of feeling once you hit 30 weeks even late in second tri.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Fun update: got an ultrasound today and discovered another reason her kicks may not be as strong aside from AP; she is folded up like an accordian and snuggling with my placenta!  Her face is literally in her knees/legs--think like a full pike with diving.  Have no idea how thats comfortable but there you have it!  Thx again for replies...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"