Georgia Babies

Back on the Bump.... Kinda new to Atlanta

So I have been living in Stockbridge for almost 2 years now from Boston originally.  Stopped coming on the Bump after having my now 3 year old.  Trying to meet some other moms is really hard for me for some reason and im starting to get annoyed! 

Help suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Back on the Bump.... Kinda new to Atlanta

• Welcome!  This board has been really slow lately but maybe there are some other south siders who will chime in!

• I go up to atlanta a lot because i find the burbs to be so boring so heck city folk is fine too :) 

• Loading the player...
  • I've been here since summer 2012 and have not met that many people either. Mostly I hang out with my husband's relatives but it would be nice to have other friends with similar interests as mine. I live in East Cobb and I used to live in Boston, Florida and Texas before moving here. I agree, it's super boring in the burbs but I'm too lazy to drive all the way to Atlanta and I hate the traffic so I stay put. I work full time but from home, so it's flexible and I can pick up my 4 yr old at 3 from Pre-K and continue to work while he plays.

I LOVE Boston but the weather was too much for us and it's impossible to save if you're not making a doctor's salary. I joined a Marietta Moms group on Meetup.com and I've met some nice moms that way, although honestly, I don't have time to attend most meetings and they have a lot of them during the week, when I'm working and LO is in school.

Maybe a few of us can get together in the city?
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • I am a SAHM and my SO has his sisters here (one lives in Marietta actually) so its really just them so having my own friends would be nice but it seems to be impossible really.  I miss Boston so much (where did you live NewMrs07). 

Maybe we can plan a meetup when the weather isnt so cold ( i didnt move here to have cold weather LOL)
  • I know, right? What's up with 19 degree weather and snow? Hopefully we are done with that for the rest of the season.

I lived in Boston from 1997 to 2004 and met my husband there. I still have some good friends there that I miss. I lived first in the South End, then near Northeastern U., then Cambridge and then Somerville. I loved Cambridge, I had 2 roommates and the rent was expensive!!

You have to live in the burbs in Mass. to get affordable housing and good schools, so really, it's as boring as any other burb. plus you're snowed in most of the time. It's all about the schools now.

We're trying to decide whether to stay in Georgia, move back to Florida (where my parents live) or go somewhere else entirely. It depends on my husband's job b/c right now I work remotely so it doesn't matter where I live.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • I just moved from Austin, TX and am on the same boat. A lot of moms work here and it hasn't been easy. I decided to make my own meetup group. Search for Mommy2B GEMS on Meetup.com. I have 2 boys and I'm SAHM
  • Hi! Do you have any MOPS group in your area? It is a great way to meet other SAHMs.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"