Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Clearblue Advanced Ovulation Kit Worries!

Hi! This is my first time posting. I just started TTC this month. I have been using the clearblue advanced ovulation kit (the one with the smiley faces). I got low fertility until day 10 of my cycle. Now I have gotten high fertility (a blinking face) for 6 days! I expected to have peak fertility soon, but it just isn't happening. The hubbie and I have been BDing every other day since I got high fertility, but I'm just scared that I'm never going to ovulate. Have any of you been in the same situation with these tests?

imageimage
Cycle/Month- 3/7
BFP!- 10/31- fingers crossed!

Re: Clearblue Advanced Ovulation Kit Worries!

• Options
    I use the same tests. I'm on day 29 and still waiting...I typically surge multiple times before ovulating, which I confirm using my BBT. Be patient it'll happen...
  • Options

I think its the fertility monitor. It says its 99% accurate, but I guess I fall into that 1% After several months of never getting a peak,we are just going by CM, which is very obvious with me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The one I use is not the monitor. It looks like a regular ovulation test stick, just digital.  And yeah, I know I'm being dramatic about never ovulating, but it's my first month checking on it and it is a little nerve racking.  I definetly am go

imageimage
    Cycle/Month- 3/7

• Options
    This makes me feel much better !

imageimage
    Cycle/Month- 3/7

• Options

I actually just posted a question about these tests too! I had a high fertility for 7 days and then got a peak fertility on day 8. Then AF started on Friday. I'm very confused by it all. I went and bought another round for next month. Good luck!

Married my love ~ 10/16/04

Twins! - 9/2/06, handsome son - 11/14/07, baby girl - 2/9/11, m/c - 12/21/12, BFP! - 9/25/13, TWINS AGAIN!!- EDD: 6/4/14!!

image[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt18c758.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options
    I probably should have said that I tested for several days prior to the high fertility and nothing and when I got my peak fertility it was a Monday and AF came that Friday. So 4 days later. Just wanted to clarify.

Married my love ~ 10/16/04

Twins! - 9/2/06, handsome son - 11/14/07, baby girl - 2/9/11, m/c - 12/21/12, BFP! - 9/25/13, TWINS AGAIN!!- EDD: 6/4/14!!

image[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt18c758.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options
    Well I'm now on day 8 of high fertility. I hope to get peak soon. I didn't expect to get high fertility so many days in a row. I'm glad to hear others have experienced it too.

imageimage
    Cycle/Month- 3/7

• Options
    Same thing is happening to me now! I'm in day three of flashing smileys using the advanced digital OPK's, I thought I was only supposed to get two high fertility days and two peak-its very confusing. But everything I'm reading online just says keep testin
  • Options
    I have the same concern!  I've had high fertility for 6 days now, anxiously waiting for my peak.
  • Options
    This is my first month using OPKs.  I started on CD9  and got a blank circle, then had 7 days of flashing smileys, then finally got a solid smiley on CD17.  

TTC #1 since September 2013
    Me (27): CD 3 bloodwork = normal; HSG 8/13/14 = tubes clear
    DH (34): SA 9/5/14 = good!
    Oct '14 (Cycle 14): Clomid 100 mg + TI = BFN
    RE consult scheduled for 1/21/15!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I didn't see that you were charting your BBT? That's the only way to know if you really ovulate. Your body could gear up (turning OPKs positive) but not release an egg. I think OPKs are best used in conjunction with temping to confirm ovulation. Good luck. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    I'm on day 5 of flashing smileys, this is the first time that has ever happened for me, usually 1-2days of flashing and then I get the solid, wasn't sure what was up, good to see others have experienced this :)

• Options
    I have been using this test for a couple of months and was confused as to what was happening because I would get high fertility one day (CD10) then the next day get a solid circle (CD11) then get the peak and according to the directions would not test until next cycle. My last cycle i tested one day and I got a peak (CD13) which definitely seemed right because I could feel it due to the pain I get but nothing. I called The hotline and they said that I was using the test wrong. Which I have no idea why but the woman said it is meant to be started on CD8 and to go until I get a peak sign. This cycle I tested starting on day 8 and got solid circle until yesterday CD12. I got a peak which I am on with but I thought I would get a flashing smiley first to determine high fertility but I will take the peak so we will see!! Good luck to everyone wishing you a great 2014!
  • Options
    I'm on day 10 of flashing smileys and day 2 of positive opks. Next cycle, if I don't get a bfp, I'm probably going to ditch the digis and only use opks.

(Also recommend temping in conjunction with whatever tests you use).

imageimage
    My Fur-baby, Durango. :)
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me - I had one low day, followed by 11 flashing smiley ("high") fertility days, and then finally peaked on CD 23. It sounds to be a pretty common occurrence with these tests. Good luck!
  • Options
    I probably used the tests wrong but I wanted them to last and I have unpredictable cycles so as soon as my Wondfo's started getting dark I used my digital to confirm

ME: 29 DH:29
    TTC #1 since September 2013
    BFP Aug 27 2014, EDD- May 9 2015 - MMC Oct 16 2014

• Options
    Hi - I am also using this test - during my first cycle I had 9 days of flashing smileys and then got my solid on CD 19. According to the clear blue help line, flashing smileys up to 10 days in a row is common. I have PCOS, so not sure if it's an accurate positive, but I'm going to have faith in it until I am unable to conceive beyond a normal point. I am 29. As I am sure you have heard repeatedly, stressing about the pregnancy process (eg. frustration with this test), can cause you to skip ovulation or hinder conception as stress can cause an overproduction or underproduction of necessary hormones. It's normal to feel a lot of emotion during this time, just be sure you are finding ways to de-stress and focus your mind on things you enjoy. Yoga is very powerful for your mind and body. I used to do it and I'm starting up again this month. Best of luck to everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"