December 2012 Moms

U/O Thursday.....

You know you have them so let's hear them! 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

Re: U/O Thursday.....

• I'm so boring with my u/o's, loI....i love snow. I know that 2-3" paralyzes the area I live in (we got 4" tues and since we didn't know it was coming, none of the roads were treated and it was a hot mess) but I love snow and wish we'd have another "blizzard" like we did in 93.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Loading the player...
  • I can't stand that my stepson's mom called him her "poor little one" when referring to having to leave a hockey game early because he had a "tummy ache". The kid is f***ing 12!!!! He is your little man, little boy, little dude, etc. but to me "little one" = baby or toddler. She and I had lunch a couple weeks ago and she expressed frustration at the fact that he cries about everything... maybe because she still treats him like a frickin' toddler so he's going to act like one. He used to try that at our house. We'd look over at him on the couch and he'd be crying. Ask him what's wrong... "Nothing" "My tummy hurts" "I'm hungry".... If its 'nothing' why are you crying, stop. Tummy hurts/hungry, SAY SOMETHING!!! You know where the 7-up & Saltines are, you know where the food is, make a sandwich. He begged to go on a training run with me a couple weeks ago and 1.5 miles in he's sobbing 20 yards behind me and being a brat to the dog (that he wanted to bring too) because he wants to stop & pee... I grabbed the dog, let him pee & kept running telling SS to keep going, we were almost done.

I may be harsh but at 12 years old I guess I expect a different level of behavior than I would for DS at 13 months. I also never knew SS when he was a baby/toddler, I've only been in his life since he was 6 so I don't have the super-maternal, warm-fuzzies with him. He's my son, I love him as my son but he's 12!!! He can clean his room, remember to eat, put on clean clothes, shower, etc. without me making excuses just because his mom coddles him & then complains about the behaviors it encourages.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Where I live we keep getting these blizzards and its on average in the negative temps (granted its worse this year then most but large amount of snow and negative temps isn't abnormal) and I'm so sick of people posting pictures of the snow out their windows or the temperature reading from their car!  Seriously people I live near you and I have windows in my house too! 

Also it kinda goes a long with it but I'm seeing a lot of parents complain about due to a lot of school closings and we keep getting level 3 snow emergencies (which means only ER vehicles on the road or you can get a ticket so businesses close) that they're sick of spending so much time with their kids or how they could never be a SAHM because they need more brain stimulation.  Seriously you're complaining about extra time with your kids!  I'm going to close on that because my getting all worked up again! lol
  • ExcitedAunt2bExcitedAunt2b member
    edited January 2014

I hate the Super Bowl...HATE IT!!!!  I think it's just an overhyped football game that costs way too much and the only reason I watch is for the commercials and even then I can't believe that companies pay millions of dollars for 30-60 seconds.  I used to watch half time but the acts they've had in the past few years do not interest me at all!!  I mean come on....Bruno Mars...Really?!? 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• kerbear135kerbear135 member
    edited January 2014

I hate the Super Bowl...HATE IT!!!!  I think it's just an overhyped football game that costs way too much and the only reason I watch is for the commercials and even then I can't believe that companies pay millions of dollars for 30-60 seconds.  I used to watch half time but the acts they've had in the past few years do not interest me at all!!  I mean come on....Bruno Mars...Really?!? 

https://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120419012353/glee/images/7/70/Reaction_-_Amen_1.gif

especially to the part about the 1/2 time acts....bleck!

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• I agree about wanting more snow.  I know it affects a lot of people negatively, but I really like it! (Because it's never higher than a foot, I suppose).

My UO is that I don't think I have become a better teacher/educator because I've had a kid.  I'm not any more sympathetic or nice to the children now that I've had my own- in fact, I feel like I was nicer before because I slept on the regular then!   At least now I can play the 'I have a kid' card when parents want me to stfu after I offer my professional advice that is based on years of education and experience and not based on my physical ability to produce a child.  :P
  • I hate Subway.  The smell of its baking bread turns my stomach.  I, too, hate the Super Bowl.  I hate the commercials and the half-time show, too. I just don't get it.  I super hate that the NFL tries to pass itself off as a "family" sport with the cheerleaders dressed like strippers (have you seen those "skirts") and the massive sex-trade, including child prostitutes, that goes along with the Super Bowl.  I'd sooner burn my money that spend it to support the NFL, which, somehow, qualifies as a tax exempt entity.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Beibs!  There are more important things immigration-wise than deporting the Beibs but if some regular old foreigner was charged with those things, they might be put into deportation proceedings.  Beibs shouldn't get special treatment. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Before I had LOs I taught at an all-girls high-school....I'm sure there is way more chatter over there re: the Biebs drama than just about anywhere else..... well, among the upper class anyway....I guess the freshies are more into One Direction.... (they're almost as bad as the Chit Chat board ;)) )

I would trade Kanye for Justin Bieber any day of the week. And I am far from a Bieber fan.
  • I must say that I enjoy the One Direction song Story of my Life that is always on the radio. Hopefully that is what boy bands will sound like when my daughter is old enough to like boy bands.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• JessAnnJ said:

I must say that I enjoy the One Direction song Story of my Life that is always on the radio. Hopefully that is what boy bands will sound like when my daughter is old enough to like boy bands.

I had no idea that was their song until yesterday! I was driving and the dj said it and I was like, huh?!
    Love that song.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"