3rd Trimester
Options

Protein 1+ in urine concern

So my OBs office will usually post my urine analysis results a few days after my appoint and I noticed the latest one shows elevated protein of 1+. If there is a concern they usually call the next day but they have not so far. My BP has been fine this pregnancy and I have little to no swelling. I am 39 weeks tomorrow and have a scheduled c- sec next Thurs.

I left a VM for my OBs office but have not heard back yet. I was wondering should I be concerned with the 1+ trace of protein at this point? I have a severe history of asymptomatic UTIs in the first and second trimester that even landed me in ER so I am a little paranoid. I know my drs office would have called if there was an issue but I just need to know if it's worth me pushing them for a 24 hour catch. Google tells me 1+ is not a major concern but should just be kept an eye on. I guess since I'm so close to giving birth I'm a little more hyper than usual.

Just need to know if any of you ladies have had 1+ protein trace with normal BP and if your OB has shown concern. I will directly see my OB for my c-sec next Thursday which to be is a long time if I indeed have a UTI. Of course I am still going to connect with my OB to be safe but any input here will help to calm my nerves a little bit or at least demand one more analysis if need be before my surgery.

Re: Protein 1+ in urine concern

• Options
    If you are concerned I would call and ask.  My doctor never tells me the results of my urine test, but I can generally see when the assistant types the info in the computer.  I noticed in one of my last visits I had a trace amount show up in a previous visit, but no one ever said anything, so I assume he wasn't concerned.
    imageimage

• Options
    I just had happen at 28 week appt. it was a 915 am appt he told me to drink more water
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have had atleast +1 protein in my urine every single time it is checked, I also have a huge history of many UTI's. They always just send the urine off for testing, if your blood pressure is fine there isn't too much to worry about. Mine has been steadily rising for the whole pregnancy and I now have pre-e.

How ever if you are really worried phone the doctor or take in a sample and ask them to check. They will probably do this before you section, and they will be giving you antibiotics during surgery.

• Options

I got that at the end in all 3 of my pregnancies. I don't have a history of anything like it at all otherwise.

Dr. told me it was normal because your body is just simply working harder, your bladder and kidneys are "bruised" in a way from all the pressure etc.

He said it was only a big deal if there's other symptoms involved.

• Options
    Thank you ladies. My OB office did call me back and told me if there no other symptoms there is nothing to be concerned about. I feel fine generally so I am going to take it easy unless I feel symptoms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"