June 2013 Moms
Options

Car emergency kit (full list)

BbyCarter13BbyCarter13 member
edited February 2014 in June 2013 Moms
Car kit:
A few days ago I posted in the FB group about what you keep in your car. We spend a lot of time in the car and I've been stuck at work overnight twice in the past month so I put together this kit.

For baby:
Outfit (x2), jacket, hat, socks, wipes, diapers (6), pee pad, bottle (will change for sippy in a few months), 2 food pouches, sunscreen, bath cloths (from the hospital)
*I will change out the clothes as needed. I always use clothes that are a size up from the current size to make sure they will fit when we need them

For me:
Jeans (maternity ones because they will always fit) sweatshirt, tank top, nice(ish) top, yoga pants, tshirt, bra, socks, underwear, flip flops, pads/tampons, shampoo, conditioner, makeup removing wipes, sample of soap (from a hotel), tooth brush & paste, deodorant, basic makeup (powder, mascara, eyeshadow), Chapstick, mirror, comb/brush, hairties, bobby pins, safety pins, nail clippers & file, pain meds, lotion, razor, extra sunglasses (cheapies).

General:
Map, plastic bags (5-6), utility knife, multi tip screwdriver, D ring, adjustable wrench, vise grips, mini screwdrivers, duct tape, pocket knife, quick dry towel (absorber) hand towels/rags (4), cheap kitchen set (for touch hot motor parts) 3 flash lights with batteries (one with batteries taped to side instead of in it), disinfecting wipes, paper towels, toliet paper, Kleenex, first aid kit, umbrella, sewing kit, wash cloths, collapsible water bottle, pens, sharpie, postits, paper, germx, blankets (one for each person normally in car), rope (20-30 ft)

I think that's every thing. I put the clothes in a large space bag (the travel kind that you roll the air out), as well as the blankets. Some of the stuff I use on a regular/ more frequent basis will go in the center console. Everything else is in a plastic tub in the trunk.

ETA: finally got TB to work and post the whole list.
Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 

Re: Car emergency kit (full list)

• Options
    Ok is it showing you the full post? It should have a For baby, For me, and General list. It's only showing me half of the post and the picture.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    BbyCarter13BbyCarter13 member
    edited February 2014
    My commute is 53 miles one way. It sucks. I usually have someone around that can help me out but by the time they get to me I normally have things fixed. I also have a lot of last minute change of plan situations.

• Options
    It was only 2 miles when I took the job!!!! Right now it's not really worth the drive but it's a better job than I would get closer to home. If I wasn't taking E to the sitters it would only be about a 37 mile commute one way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"