May 2014 Moms

Doula????

Who is or has used a doula before? I'd love to hear what you have to say about the experience!

Re: Doula????

• I am a doula and plan on using a doula as well. What kind of information are you looking for?
  • We just interviewed one.  I'm really pleased with her!  Yay for another thing off the to do list!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Interviewing some this weekend. Even if I don't go all natural it will be nice to have a constant (who knows if my OB will be on call). Plus the doula can guide your partner to help you. Love the idea of one!
  • I'm just wondering about your personal experiences and if the husband ever feels frustrated to have a doula around all the time. Do they feel like the doula is taking their place? How often is the doula in the room?
  • I used a doula with my son and will be using her again this time. SHe was fabulous and included my husband in everything. She was there as a support system when my husband was tired or needed a break and to provide knowledge, but she never got in the way of our experience. My husband and I worked together to deliver our baby and it truly was the best experience of our lives. 
                                                                                   4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• We just interviewed a doula as well and are planning to go with her. It made me more excited about the birth!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had one. She was in the room the entire time. My husband loved having her. Her presence allowed him to stay with me 100% of the time. Totally recommend it. 

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Interviewing one on Sunday.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I love my doula, and will be using her again. Think of it as having a birthing cheerleader. :) She's there to help keep everyone focused on you. DH wasn't sure about the whole idea at first, but he raves about her now. Even my mom, who has attended a lot of births as a Lamaze coach, said she found the doula really helpful.
  • We are also using a doula. My husband really likes her and we both feel that having her there will help us to feel more empowered during the labor; she is VERY big on dad playing an active role and she will help him know what to do. We are both going through this for the first time and will likely be nervous/unsure of ourselves and she will be such a big help for both of us in different ways. I think she will make all of the difference on baby's birthday.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We just interviewed and hired one this week. I'm very excited about her. And she has some experience with the hospital I'm at so that is a huge plus since we just moved here. My husband is excited about her as well. I know he'll be involved and helpful but there is just no way his zero experience can measure up to a doula's experience. Her experience will take some of the pressure to preform off of him and be a back up. I'm sure he'll need to eat, potty, and if he can rest during labor and I know he won't want to leave me alone.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are interviewing one on Wednesday!

• Miles2Go said:
    I had one. She was in the room the entire time. My husband loved having her. Her presence allowed him to stay with me 100% of the time. Totally recommend it. 
    @Miles2Go:  Can you explain what you mean by "her presence allowed him to stay with you 100% of the time"?  I'm clueless about doulas myself so don't fully understand this.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"