November 2013 Moms

What time is bedtime?

I'm sure this has come up before, but as it seems to frequently change, I thought I would ask:  what time do your LOs fall asleep for the night?  My toddler is an early riser (5:30), so I would like DD to fall asleep as close to his bedtime (7:45) as possible so that I can maximize my sleep and/or have a little time with DH.  Currently I start the bedtime routine around 7:30, but actually get DD down around 8:30 or 9.  

Also, have y'all been moving bedtimes earlier as they get older?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What time is bedtime?

• LM will fall asleep now between 8:30 &9 instead of 9:30ish which is nice... he usually sleeps till at least 6am
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD is still all over the map. Just when I think we have it down, she goes through some stage that makes her not sleep at all. Last week, she was going down by 9 and this week its closer to 11:30. I stick to the same routine at about the same time every night but ultimately, she goes down when she wants. Im hoping this week is just a fluke because she is also fighting naps. Sorry, no help here :(

Feb. Siggy Challenge: Favorite SomeEcards. 

• Loading the player...
  • We are not on a schedule at all, because our life is a bit crazy...but he is usually sleeping by 10, sometimes earlier or later.
  • Now that he's getting up for daycare by 6 we are trying to have him asleep by 8. He's been going to bed around 8:30 or 9 and even though he hasn't had MOTN wake-ups he's still tired in the morning. If he seems tired with 10 hours of sleep then we'll try 7:30 and see how he does.
  • LO seems to like going to bed around 9-9:30. We have tried to move bedtime (to later because DH gets home around 9-9:30) by manipulating feeding times/amounts and naptimes, but with no success. 

Did you toddler naturally move to an earlier bedtime and at what age? Maybe DD will do the same thing?
  • LO just started going down around 7:30, previously it was more like 8:30. I need her up at 5:30 to nurse since i leave for work at 6:45.

DD1 who is 2 1/2 goes to bed at 7:30 and is up at 6 everyday. Now that we are back on my work schedule, the baby's schedule seems to be regulating. Also she is 12 weeks now which helps a lot!
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• What is this "bedtime" you speak of? LO goes down when he wants, usually between 8:30-10. Last night was closer to 11. I'm hoping when I return to work that maybe he'll adapt and go to bed earlier. We do bath/bedtime at 7.
    Same here.  I feel like there is no bedtime at all.  Bath starts at 7, eat by 720 then who knows.  He decides...sometimes its right away, last night it was 1030, woke at 4am to feed then up at 6am. 
    View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    My forever love  ( April Siggy Challenge) 
  • DD is almost 3 so I have a set schedule with her. That has really helped me get DS on a "schedule"(I use that term loosely, it's more of a routine). DS gets a bath at 5:30 then we do his bedtime routine and he goes to sleep around 6:00 - 6:15. This gives me time to do DD's bath and bedtime. Then DS wakes up again around 7:30 and eats and cuddles with DH or I for 30 min. then goes back to sleep. So I would say his bedtime is around 8 or 8:30.
  • My LO is usually down by 8, we start the bedtime process at 7. He usually sleeps for about 6hrs then he's up for a feeding, then back to bed. We'll see how things go when I get back to work a week or so.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We usually start bedtime routine around 7-7:30 depending on how cranky lo is and she is usually out by 8:30 or 9. She will sleep 7-9 hours usually before waking again and sometimes she goes back down and sometimes decides she is up for the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • juliane2004juliane2004 member
    edited January 2014
    DS2 has his last bottle around 8:30 pm, and is in bed by about 9 pm. He sleeps till 7/8 am.

ETA: We've found that if he goes to bed at 9:45 pm or later, he wakes around 3 am. But if we keep bedtime to around 9 pm, he sleeps till the morning.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Our bedtime has been 9. The process starts at 8 if it's bath night, 830 if not. She's usually up around 2 or 3am and I wake her up at 640 to feed and get going to day care.
  • I *try* to start getting her ready about 9pm, but that rarely happens. She will usually fall asleep after 10. I am just happy that she sleeps in her own crib, as opposed to a bassinet in our room, and wakes up only once or twice at night.

BabyGaga

• Ugh... These posts sometimes make me want to cry. LO is 9 weeks and we are still up every 2-3 hours around the clock... So his bedtime is 7-8 I guess but then again he is back up at 10, midnight, 2, 4.... You get the point. How the heck are all of your babies sleeping so well?
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • DS is pretty predictable and is ready to be in bed at 7:00-- sometimes a little earlier. He too likes to wake at 5/5:30, but I have been working on keeping the lights out, not talking and feeding him and putting him back to sleep. Sometimes he will sleep about one more hour and other times he cries so I get up with him. I'm hoping once he's a bit older and more active he will push it to 12 hours.
  • mwagner25 said:

Ugh... These posts sometimes make me want to cry. LO is 9 weeks and we are still up every 2-3 hours around the clock... So his bedtime is 7-8 I guess but then again he is back up at 10, midnight, 2, 4.... You get the point. How the heck are all of your babies sleeping so well?

At 9 weeks we were still up all the time too. Hang in there.

Only recently did LO start sleeping better and by better I mean most nights asleep at 7:30, up at midnight and then up at 5am. Last night she slept from 7:30 to 3:30 which was amazing, but she's 12 weeks old. 3 weeks makes a huge difference at this point!

IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• mwagner25 said:
    Ugh... These posts sometimes make me want to cry. LO is 9 weeks and we are still up every 2-3 hours around the clock... So his bedtime is 7-8 I guess but then again he is back up at 10, midnight, 2, 4.... You get the point. How the heck are all of your babies sleeping so well?
    I can PM you if you want. It's advice I've given in the past, which I won't copy/paste here, as I've gotten yelled at for that. But I can PM you. Let me know.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • mwagner25 said:

Where is your little one sleeping? Do you BF or bottle feed?

My DS started sleeping in his crib at about 9 weeks. And at first he was eating at 7, 9:30/10ish, 2, and 5. I continued this for a while. Then I got him to drop the 9:30/10ish "dream feed" by going in there and picking him up and bouncing him a bit or rocking him and putting him back down. If I had to go in a second or 3rd time I would just pat him. It only took a few nights for him to stop waking for that feed. Then he just gradually started pushing that 2:00 feed back on his own to like 3:30 and then the last 6 nights he has slept 7-5/5:30. I have added an extra feed or two sometimes in the evenings to let him stock up.

We follow the same bedtime routine each night and he gets swaddled in a halo sleep sack and has a white noise machine.

• mwagner25 said:

At 12 weeks we are just starting to only need to feed LO at 8pm, 1 am, and 5/6 am. (Usually within an hour or so of those times.) up until this week we were up every 2-3 hours through the night. Hang in there, sleep deprivation is no fun!

I'll also add we've had LO in his crib since about 7 weeks, and he gets swaddled in a halo sleep sack at night. Bed time routine starts about 8pm each night.

• @Mum2Be28 I am breast feeding, and we always put him in his crib as part of his bedtime routine. Sometimes he ends up in the Rnp in our room on a bad night (when he wakes every hour). I think he is having difficulty putting himself back to sleep when he changes sleep cycles. We have been really working with him at naps to get him to put himself to sleep and he wil sometimes go down on his own for a nap. I am just waiting to see it transfer over into his night sleep. Hasn't happened yet, but I am hoping soon!
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • We start our wind down around 9 9 30. Shes always sleeping by 11. It seems late but it's perfect for my schedule.
  • Usually around 10...but it fluctuates.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • hollowwayhollowway member
    edited February 2014
    Bedtime is 7-730pm... I nurse her to sleep. She will sleep for a 4-5 hour stretch then be up every 2 hours til wake up time. She wakes up for the day around 7-730am...

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"