October 2013 Moms

BFing 4 Lyfe

Jalee85Jalee85 member
edited January 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Okay well maybe not for life, but for a good long time.

Backstory - I have Lupus it's an auto-immune connective tissue disorder. It can be quite debilitating. When I got pregnant my disorder went into remission. Guess what it still is! I am thinking this is due to breastfeeding, and I am now fearing when I dry up or decide to stop.

I was planning to go at least until 1 year old. How crazy would it be to keep pumping even after I'm done BFing? At least keep pumping till I dry up naturally. I'm crazy right...lol.

I know eventually I will stop, and the lupus could come back. I just think the longer I'm healthy the better off I'll be.

Picture for your time.
April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
imageimageimage     
imageimage

Re: BFing 4 Lyfe

• Yeah I would definitely give the goods to the baby! We plan to start TTCing next fall again. So maybe it will be a moot point, at least for awhile.

Good Luck, to your friend. Lupus can be such a bitch to deal with, and not everyone gets a remission from pregnancy either.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • That's awesome!!! I hope it stays away for you, knock on wood :\">
  • Have 1 million babies!

Lol, let's see if I survive 1 first!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Jalee85 said:

Yeah I would definitely give the goods to the baby! We plan to start TTCing next fall again. So maybe it will be a moot point, at least for awhile.

Good Luck, to your friend. Lupus can be such a bitch to deal with, and not everyone gets a remission from pregnancy either.

I don't know the details, but she will start fertility treatments in the next few months..her regular medication isn't safe for TTC, so they want to "get it over with" and just be pregnant bc she did a trial of a few months natural TTC off the meds and couldn't handle it.

I hope she gets remission like you did!

#moopoint

• That's awesome!
    You can still keep giving it to your babe of donate if you keep pumping ;)

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• That's awesome, nothing wrong with continuing to BF after a year, keep it up as long as possible!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jalee85Jalee85 member
    edited January 2014

That's awesome for you and not crazy at all!

PS
    I'm jealous your dd can sit in her jumper, ds was also a 10/20 baby and can't yet :-q

I just removed the towel she used to stand on today.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• @quartermisses In the lupus forums people always say that when you get pregnant, you either get a remission or it gets a lot worse. I definitely want to hurry up and have 1 more kid. While I can stay off the meds. That way if I get sick I can take whatever I need.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• That's fabulous. Lots of love to ya
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• Not crazy and your DD is adorable!

• Not crazy and your DD is adorable!

Thank you!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• @amyg from what I understand it is the hormones and extra blood flow. It's a good thing to think about though!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• @Jalee85 we talked about this before I have RA and I am bfing. I went into remission too! With no symptoms, I only had 2 flare ups in the beginning. Glad it's working for you too, that's great news. I am totally terrified of not being able to bf, and drying up, totally love life with out symptoms!
  • @sarahlapointe I'm glad your symptoms are still at bay too! It's amazing to feel normal. I started getting sick at 23 and hit my lowest at 25 thru 26. I am 28 now so it's been awhile. I'm trying my best to get fitter and exercise while I can. Hopefully I get sick again I won't get as weak as I was last time.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Well I have had four babies in 7 years and I have back to back nursed all of them so there you have it! It can be done.Go milkies!!!! I'm glad your feeling good.
  • Jalee85Jalee85 member
    edited February 2014
    @sarahsmith You haven't had one break in 7 years! Well glad to know it can be done. You are a saint!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• I'd keep bf til baby self weans. Then if you want keep pumping as long as you can or as long as symptoms are at bay. I'd either donate the milk or keep giving it to LO.
  • Jalee85 said:

@sarahsmith You haven't had one break in 7 years! Well glad to know it can be done. You are a saint!

I had about a 6 month break between baby two and three, but I never stopped producing milk.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"