October 2014 Moms
Options

Thought I had the stomach flu...

jlhandrich10jlhandrich10 member
edited January 2014 in October 2014 Moms
So if they calculate pregnancy by the starting date of your last period, that would mean I'm at about 4 1/2 weeks (Due Oct 3rd, so excited!!!). Anyway, I thought I came down with the stomach flu. I really didn't think I was pregnant because we've been trying for awhile and getting my hopes up would just discourage me. I haven't thrown up in more than 10 years and then one night 2 weeks ago I had explosive diarrhea and vomiting all night. Felt pretty crumby for the next couple days (achy body with nausea and dizziness) but within a week felt all better. The sure sign of pregnancy was having cramps but no bleeding for my period. Low and behold, 2 positive tests later, I'm prego! So, my question is, did anyone else experience anything like that? Or do we think it was just a strange coincidence that I got a bug right after becoming pregnant? I haven't felt those symptoms in over a week.

Re: Thought I had the stomach flu...

• Options
    Sounds like you had a bug :/ If it was morning sickness it would be sticking around
  • Options
    I agree, the morning sickness would not have gone away ... At least without coming back at some point. And it sounds like you got sick before you knew you were pregnant (if I'm reading that correctly) and morning sickness usually doesn't start that early. But welcome and congrats on the positive tests!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! 

Your illness sounds exactly like a virus that is going around here. Glad you are feeling better.

image image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

stomach flu/ norovirus is definitely going around!  we got it about 2 weeks ago. 

• Options
    Ok, thanks everyone! I'm trying to journal everything about my pregnancy and knowing whether it was a symptom or just a bug is a big help!
  • Options
    I thought I had a flu bug and body was trying to fight it for two weeks then found out I was pregnant. I started taking prenatal and my symptoms are much better than before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"