Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

How to keep the wife happy?

Hey guys,
Just moved into the third trimester with the twins on the way. My wife has begun feelin uncomfortable lately (sweeping feet, kicking in her ribs) and I was hoping for some advice on some small things I can do to help keep her happy.
We've just moved from our condo to a house so we are still getting most things settled and my dad is delivering all our baby furniture next week (my sister is giving us all her potterybarn used stuff!!)
Anything you can think of that worked for you would be appreciated!

Re: How to keep the wife happy?

• Options
    What ladyjenna said.  All her chores, and also ask periodically if there is anything you can do to help.  It might be simple stuff like getting a glass of water, but every little bit could mean a lot to her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All good things to think about. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Definitely do more of the cooking and cleaning than normal.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    all good ideas for sure.
         Just make her feel loved - that goes a long way
  • Options
    Lurker here: the sweetest thing my DH did for me was painted my toenails when I wasn't able to reach anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice. Right now it's nightly foot rubs, dog walks, I do most of the cleaning and help out with cooking.
    I like the idea of helping paint her toes especially since we are trying to save some money and she is really feeling bad about her looks.
  • Options
    Do it - just add it to the foot rub! Made me feel like a million bucks (well, close anyway)!
  • Options
    Ha! Thanks for the painting tips!!!
  • Options
    Another lady lurker. When I was huge with my daughter it was hard to reach things. My DH would shave me. It was so nice to not feel like chubaca.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Yah ditto on the shaving. Massage herarms too it feels really good. And do exactly what she tells you without giving her a hard time.
  • Options
    I'm lurking as well... I just wanted to say that I think it's extremely sweet of you to even be asking this on here.  There are other men out there, other dads to be, that don't think the way you do and instead make their wives do most of the work and even complain about how they're tired.  You understanding and wanting to help all the time and asking and even doing stuff without asking would be all that I would need.  Honestly, you're a commendable man for this! I hope your wife really appreciates it all!  Congrats
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"