September 2013 Moms
Options

Talk to me about convertible carseats.

awright1983awright1983 member
edited January 2014 in September 2013 Moms
So DD is still riding comfy in her bucket seat but I'm starting to think about her next carseat. She's currently in the Chicco Keyfit and we've been really happy with it. I really like the look of the Chicco Nextfit but it isn't available in Canada yet. So my question is twofold. 1. Does anyone have the Chicco Nextfit? How do you like it? 2. If not what convertible do you use? How and why did you choose it? I know all carseats will meet safety standards but I also want to find one with a high rear facing weight limit and side impact protection. I drive a GMC Terrain which has tons of room between the front and rear seats but isn't super wide across. Eta: sorry about the formatting. Posting from my iPad.

Re: Talk to me about convertible carseats.

• Options
    We have a clek foonf for our next seat. They are narrow but spacious and have amazing safety. Made of steel instead of plastic. Also one of the longest rf ones available. I also liked that there isn't flame retardent chemicals on it.
  • Options
    Habs2Hart said:
    We have a clek foonf for our next seat. They are narrow but spacious and have amazing safety. Made of steel instead of plastic. Also one of the longest rf ones available. I also liked that there isn't flame retardent chemicals on it.

I just looked this one up as the name wasn't familiar to me. It says it can go rear facing up to four years of age. Is that your plan? I'd imagine size and weight would be a determining factor, not just age. We are starting our convertible carseat search now.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO is tall so size will be determining factor for rf for us. He will rf as long as possible but the goal is 2years.
  • Options
    We have the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible for DS (almost 2.5yrs old). We love it and we'll be getting another one for DD since DS will still be too small for a booster seat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have Graco MyRide 65 carseats for DS1. They are good for rear facing up to 40 lbs and forward facing up to 65 lbs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Anyone have any experience with Recaro seats?
    photo 86a9bed8-fe83-44f4-8233-6822762e6347_zpsc28c6977.jpg
  • Options
    We have the Britax Boulevard. 40 lbs rear facing and 70 lbs front facing I have an acura tsx wagon and it fits fine.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I will look at some of those.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"