September 2013 Moms

I'm having a bad day, anyone want to chat/commiserate?

Hey ladies!

I'm just feeling a little blue and overwhelmed today. We just got back from a wonderful Mexican vacation with the kids and of course DS2 is adjusting to being back in his crib in his room. Up every 2 hours last night and was cutely blowing raspberries at 6 am (thankfully I got him back to sleep in his car seat til 845). I'm fighting a cold/flu for the last 10 days with no end in sight, knowing I need to wean off the swaddle but afraid to and don't know where to start, wanting a night out but DH is workin overtime and my mom can't babysit this weekend and I can't get ds2 to nap longer than 30 minutes unless he's in his car seat. I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself and I've been crying off and on since about 10 am. I'm feeling like a bit of a failure at motherhood at the moment :(

Re: I'm having a bad day, anyone want to chat/commiserate?

• Don't beat yourself up, lack of sleep can make even the stronglest lady here feel defeated! Is there someone else you can call besides your mom to possibly come over for 3 hours and watch your kids for a bit?

I ask this because I bet, after a long hot bath, a 1 hour nap, and a good meal you'd feel like a new woman. You need to take care of yourself. That's #1. With the flu the BEST remedy is sleep. THE BEST. So you need to do what you need to do to get a nap in (and some relaxation). No joke.

Also don't worry about wanting a nigh out with DH but it not being an option, that's out of your control so -bleh- forgetttttttaaaaaboutit!

Repeat after me:  YOU.ARE.NOT.A.FAILURE. Again!

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• Ive been up every 2 hours most nights for like 6 weeks now... last night I was up 5 times. I also was sick for about a week followed by LO being sick. It sucks not sleeping, but not all of us got blessed with babies who STTN unfortunately. Im just trying to take it one day at a time now. As far as the vacation goes, we travelled to Dominican when LO was 9 weeks old. It turnabout 2 weeks to readjust. I am finding the baby stage pretty hard as well and am looking forward to having a night out soon with just DH and I. Hang in there mama!
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• Loading the player...
  • Take a deep breath and remember that it's all going to be okay!  I like kimberlymacrae's idea of a bath, nap and meal.  Once you start recovering phsyically, I'm sure you'll feel a lot better!

I was hesitating to wean from the swaddle, but after thinking that he turned onto his tummy in the middle of night (he didn't, it just looked like it on the camera) I was scared enough to finally bite the bullet.  We've done three nights with one arm out and a sock on his hand to keep it warm.  Next week we'll start the other arm and then finally get him in his Magic Sleep Suit.

Hang in there mama!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• And a gif to make you smile!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Also a beer or glass of wine to wind down

• Also a beer or glass of wine to wind down
    Yes, a good glass of wine always helps :) 

imageimage

• I was able to go out to a work get together tonight(even though I'm technically off) so that helped. I'm tired and sick still but I am hoping to nap tomorrow when DH is home. I hope I can kick this sickness soon, I sound like I have emphysema!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"