March 2014 Moms
Options

Another STM question regarding baby gear

Have you already started getting stuff out? I was hesitant but now I'm sort of glad I'm doing it because DS is going to need a while to figure out they aren't toys. I've only had the stuff out for 2 hours and so many breakdowns and tantrums have occurred in that short amount of time. I think this is DS "SGR" moment and its breaking my heart.

Gear = swing, bouncer, RNP, car seat.
Married - 5/2008
DS #1 - Born 9/2011
DS #2 - EDD 3/2014

Re: Another STM question regarding baby gear

• Options
    I have set up things like the pnp and bouncer. The swing will probably get set up soon as well. I think it helps DS adjust to all of the changes and learn what he can/can't play with. It's also helpful for our dog who gets anxious about changes.

For car seats, some recommend not installing them too early in case the car would be in an accident. Some will install the base and leave the actual seat at home until pick-up time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We've set up the bassinet and bouncer, and I guess we'll get the swing down some time soon.  We are going to leave the exersaucer and jumpers in the attic until LO is old enough to use them...  We lack space, and I'm hopeful that the extra 6-9 months will provide extra time for Caroline to see and understand that there's a new person joining our family.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have located everything and moved each item to the part of the house they belong, but not yet set it up. I did go through all the clothes I saved, took inventory of what I have and still need.
  • Options
    Btw, I think nesting has officially kicked in because I'm feeling super panicked and wanting to get everything ready, clean and organized...now!
  • Options
    The bassinet and swing I put together and are in our room- I think I did this around 30 weeks. The swing was just because I wanted to see if it still worked. The bassinet is so my youngest can get used to the idea of baby stuff!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My son just had a total meltdown about the rocking chair in "baby sister's" room. He wanted to drag it out of the room and take it somewhere else. Meltdown complete with screaming, hitting and kicking me, and, of course, a time out. Ugh.
    Anyway, we haven't gotten the "gear" out of our attic yet. We have the PNP set up though. We're currently storing our bathroom renovation materials in baby girl's room so after the reno we'll get down the bouncer, swing, car seat, etc. I'm sure DS will want to sit in the bouncer and swing in the swing and there will be more meltdowns!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options

Nope. I really need to do this.

DD - Lucia Alessandra 6/18/12  ~~~  Welcoming Baby Boy!! - 3/26/14

• Options
    Some... got the car seat and stroller out of storage. DH just put crib together this week so going through DS1 old stuff, basically size sorting. Im starting to get nervous seeing all these ladies starting to have their babies!
  • Options
    I have gotten everything out and started washing. It's good b/c I couldn't remember what I had. Apparently I have 4 infant swings/bouncers? Not sure why and what I did with them all. 
  • Options
    I haven't really gotten stuff out, but I have a few things that I bring out when my nephew comes over and she is ALL over them. Not sure how this is going to go down. On the one hand I want her to be used to it but I don't want to put out all this stuff and then tell her "no" constantly. I'm not sure if I'm going to get it all out in hopes that some of the novelty will wear off between when I get it out and when baby is actually here or wait and have her associate it with the baby so she'll have an easier time understanding the boundaries.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I haven't really gotten stuff out, but I have a few things that I bring out when my nephew comes over and she is ALL over them. Not sure how this is going to go down. On the one hand I want her to be used to it but I don't want to put out all this stuff and then tell her "no" constantly. I'm not sure if I'm going to get it all out in hopes that some of the novelty will wear off between when I get it out and when baby is actually here or wait and have her associate it with the baby so she'll have an easier time understanding the boundaries.

That's my issue too. My plan was to get it out, clean it up and store it in the nursery. But now I may leave it out a few days and see if he starts to get more used to it and if not I will put it up and just get it back out once he's here.
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • Options
    we have a few things set up so that the dogs can get used to them, like the stroller and the rock n play. I keep moving them around the house to different locations and it seems to be helping their anxiety about the new smells and moving baby items....

but there is a lot we won't be pulling out until needed. We both despise clutter.... 
  • Options
    We took out the car seat to see how to fit the two seats in the car, and I've washed all the baby clothes and have the newborn-3 month sizes and newborn cloth diapers in baskets in my bedroom which are going to be stacked on the changing table shelves, yet to be brought into the house. We haven't taken out anything like the bouncer, swing, etc.
        image  image

• Options
    The nursery is set up and 0-12 mob clothes have been washed and put away. The swing, bouncer are not set up. Some baby toys are out DS has checked them out and we talked about his favorite toys etc. We talked about how he can show baby how to use them. I haven't seen any issues with wanting to claim them back. DS is almost 5 so the toys are really baby toys to him. Although I did buy the baby a lovey and DS wanted to trade his lovey for the new one but was easily convinced that his lovey should stay his lovey. I'll set up the swing bouncer up at the end of Feb since I'm not due until the end of March.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't gotten a lot out yet just because I don't want it to take up space, but actually DS has been doing pretty well with "That's for baby brother!" So I'm hoping it won't be too difficult for him.
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"