April 2014 Moms

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• I've been up since 3:30 (thanks, baby), so I'm just barely even pretending to work. Just staring at the clock on my computer, willing it to hit 5pm.
  • embear22 said:

Another Confession : I've forgotten my anniversary. I know it's sometime in February and we were unofficially married on February 29 (leap year) but we had to choose a dat at least 2 weeks prior and we had started dating in February I just can't remember that date. AND I put the certificate somewhere safe and now can't find it to look at the date we picked! I'm a terrible wife. I forgot my husbands birthday two years ago too.
    I always forget our anniversary, and when i do remember, it takes me a minute to do the math to remember how many years it's been. We're old. And birthdays? Shit, we always forget each other's birthdays lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I can taste the rum in the tiramisu I'm currently eating. It compliments my almond mocha latte wonderfully.
  • I refuse to buy any baby clothes that mention "grandma" because I am so annoyed with my MIL. LO probably won't wear any either, at least not around her.
  • hbell12 said:
    I refuse to buy any baby clothes that mention "grandma" because I am so annoyed with my MIL. LO probably won't wear any either, at least not around her.
    I'm the same way about my IL's football team. I bet you $100 MIL will buy SOMETHING that has alabama on it for the baby. I refuse to put it on him after what happened last year. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Rogue237 said:

I've been up since 3:30 (thanks, baby), so I'm just barely even pretending to work. Just staring at the clock on my computer, willing it to hit 5pm.

We are the same person.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Serenla said:
    I've been up since 3:30 (thanks, baby), so I'm just barely even pretending to work. Just staring at the clock on my computer, willing it to hit 5pm.
    We are the same person.

:x
  • thomas930 said:

Mamamonzo said:

My MIL won't stop buying clothes for the baby and it's driving me crazy. The baby is being born close to summer time... Why do I want turtleneck onsies for 0-3 months when July gets HOT here? We also have very different tastes and I hate cartoon stuff on clothes. We now have a bunch of crap with Mickey, Pooh, and Tigger. I appreciate the effort but......

We usually get rid of most of what MIL buys the kids. They have never worn a clothing item purchased by her because its usually something that totally not our style. Love the thought and gesture.....but still not using it.
    My MIL insists on giving me DHs baby clothes and when she makes him clothes she will ask where it is if he's not wearing it. I LOVE the idea of DS wearing DH clothes but not his whole wardrobe. I think it's special that she makes him clothes too but asking me why he's not wearing them everytime she sees him is really annoying.

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• thomas930 said:

Mamamonzo said:

My MIL won't stop buying clothes for the baby and it's driving me crazy. The baby is being born close to summer time... Why do I want turtleneck onsies for 0-3 months when July gets HOT here? We also have very different tastes and I hate cartoon stuff on clothes. We now have a bunch of crap with Mickey, Pooh, and Tigger. I appreciate the effort but......

We usually get rid of most of what MIL buys the kids. They have never worn a clothing item purchased by her because its usually something that totally not our style. Love the thought and gesture.....but still not using it.
    Ditto. The women's shelter has benefited greatly from my MIL's shopping habit. To her credit, she's mostly figured out we have different taste so sometimes she'll ask for suggestions...but when she goes off the reservation? Watch out.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • I ignored phone calls and texts from my MIL and SIL this morning because I didn't want to drive an hour with them to go to this boutique and antique store they like. I texted back 20 minutes after I knew they had left and said, "sorry, was still sleeping!" When I was wide awake and hanging with my dog :)
    This was at like 9:00 this morning.
    YCSWU
  • kcp913 said:

J&NL said:

hbell12 said:

I refuse to buy any baby clothes that mention "grandma" because I am so annoyed with my MIL. LO probably won't wear any either, at least not around her.

I'm the same way about my IL's football team. I bet you $100 MIL will buy SOMETHING that has alabama on it for the baby. I refuse to put it on him after what happened last year. 
    @j&nl now I wanna know what happened last year

@hbell12 I've pretty much done the same except for with grandpa clothes.

I'll happily take all the AL clothes from you :) My DH is from Tuscaloosa and is obsessed. I have given in
  • Holljade said:

I have one pair of pants I wear out of the house.

So basically I wear te same pants every.single.day.

And at this point I only have like a 4 or 5 shirt rotation. I'm such a fashionista lol.

Ditto.
  • I have a serious problem with buying baby girl clothes. I have two boys so I am loving all things girlie. It doesn't help that I own a children's boutique.

I promised my self I wouldn't do this.
  • Fuck pop music.  That is all. :P

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • My next appt. is Valentines Day morning, so when we scheduled the nice nurse behind the desk said something like "oh, your appt is early enough to get a nice big valentines breakfast with the hubby afterwards!" LOVE HER! And of course we have plans for a nice dinner out that night already....so basically I'm celebrating a holiday that we never celebrate...TWICE in one day! This is totally not us, we could care less about the holiday itself, bbuuutttt...I'm getting breakfast and dinner out of it! Whoa!
  • I am annoyed we didnt get our baby furniture delivered yesterday like it was scheduled. I know it is because Georgia was hit with a major snow storm but I dont care :P
  • nikki912 said:
    My MIL insists on giving me DHs baby clothes and when she makes him clothes she will ask where it is if he's not wearing it. I LOVE the idea of DS wearing DH clothes but not his whole wardrobe. I think it's special that she makes him clothes too but asking me why he's not wearing them everytime she sees him is really annoying.
    My MIL wrapped and gave us a sweatshirt (that was DH's 30 years ago) for Christmas. He said he didn't want it and she should keep it since it has sentimental value to her. What does she do? Wrap it up again and give it to me as my shower gift two weeks later. 

Baby still isn't going to wear it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"