October 2013 Moms

Worried

DS has been coughing more than normal, threw up his entire morning bottle(which he never does) and is pretty sleepy... Out like a light less than an hour after waking. I know that all these things, separately, are normal, but the combo has me worried. Putting in call to Dr after I post this.
married 7.27.12 TTC since Nov 2012 Me 36/DH 32 BFP Valentines Day 2013

Re: Worried

• Hope your LO feels better soon. Keep us posted.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Sounds like my little guy when he has RSV. A lot of congestion too, or just cough? Hope you get good news that it is nothing.

• Loading the player...
  • Hope everything is ok. T&P
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Lots of congestion as well.
  • Hope it is nothing serious!  Let us know how it goes.

• Lots of congestion as well.

Could be RSV. It is not fun, but not the worst thing ever. The key is to watch for rattling and wheezing. I would listen to LO's back throughout it all to listen for improvements. And watch for fever (obvious, I know). My LO never got a fever thank goodness. My doc sent us home with breathing treatments and we saw the doc on a daily basis for a couple of days. I ran a cool mist humidifier all the time, salined and suctioned his nose constantly, and put Matys chest rub on his feet with socks over that. Also, during the peak of it while he was coughing and throwing up, I cut him back to an ounce and hour so that he could keep it down and stay hydrated. And he will eat less and sleep more, but that is fine. Just like us when we get sick. I'll quit rambling, just wanted to give pointers in case that is the prognosis. We kept him out of the hospital which I was real happy about.

• Hope you LO gets better soon! T&Ps!

imageimage    

• Taking him in in an hour and a half.
  • Hope he's okay!

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• @tinylittlechef
    I hope your LO is ok and gets better fast. Let us know what happens.

@vvg28
    How did the RSV start? DD has a wet cough, but it's not constant and usually happens after she eats. She had no congestion, no fever, has been eating, sleeping, and wet:dirty diapers like normal. Basically she's 100% except for the cough. I called the doc and she said if she starts getting congestion/wheezing or a fever over 100.4 to take her to the ER. We have our well visit on Tuesday and I'm sure she is fine, she is so happy and playing lots. I just wonder if something may be starting.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Thx for the well wishes ladies! He has a bad cold and what we suspect is a it of possible reflux. We may have to do a swallow test in the future as he gags and chokes a lot while eating his bottle. So in the meantime I have to thicken his formula w Oat Cereal to see if it helps the eating issues. I am quite unsure about this but if the Pedi asked me to do it, I will. As far as the cold/ brochititis, it's wait and see with all the usual....Saline, humidifier, nose frida. Poor. Oh. She also said it may get worse before it gets better..
  • Glad you got some answers and it's not serious.

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• vvg28vvg28 member
    edited January 2014

@tinylittlechef

@vvg28
    How did the RSV start? DD has a wet cough, but it's not constant and usually happens after she eats. She had no congestion, no fever, has been eating, sleeping, and wet:dirty diapers like normal. Basically she's 100% except for the cough. I called the doc and she said if she starts getting congestion/wheezing or a fever over 100.4 to take her to the ER. We have our well visit on Tuesday and I'm sure she is fine, she is so happy and playing lots. I just wonder if something may be starting.

It started with a little cough. Just kind of random. Nothing major, but like you I still called my doctor. He told me the same. This was a Sunday night. By Tuesday AM, the cough was getting worse and very wet. I took him to the doctor. Doctor suspected only a cold, but said to bring him back in for wheezing/rattling. By Wed afternoon he was rattling and you could tell he felt bad. He had a lot of mucous in the back of his throat/nose and it would make him gag. Took him in and that is when he said he was pretty sure it was rsv (but did not test). They say the third day is the worst. If your LO has it, she will get worse daily. He did continue to have regular diapers. But he did eat less and sleep more.

I hope she is fine and it is just a little scratchy throat. :)

• @tinylittlechef - glad it was nothing major. If you can incline LO while sleeping, that helps too! Good luck!

• Glad it wasn't anything more major. Hope you LO feels better soon.
  • vvg28 said:

@tinylittlechef

@vvg28

It started with a little cough. Just kind of random. Nothing major, but like you I still called my doctor. He told me the same. This was a Sunday night. By Tuesday AM, the cough was getting worse and very wet. I took him to the doctor. Doctor suspected only a cold, but said to bring him back in for wheezing/rattling. By Wed afternoon he was rattling and you could tell he felt bad. He had a lot of mucous in the back of his throat/nose and it would make him gag. Took him in and that is when he said he was pretty sure it was rsv (but did not test). They say the third day is the worst. If your LO has it, she will get worse daily. He did continue to have regular diapers. But he did eat less and sleep more.

I hope she is fine and it is just a little scratchy throat. :)
    Thank you. This makes me feel better. The cough isn't frequent and it hasn't gotten any worse since Monday. I'll just keep an eye on her.

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• I hope your Julian feels better quickly!
    Anniversary
    February Signature Challenge: Valentine's Day GIFs

image     image     image
  • Poor baby! Hope he feels better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"