April 2014 Moms
Options

Scary Day yesterday - TMI, sorry

I work up yesterday actually feeling pretty decent.  I didn't have the pressure I had been having the past few weeks.  Overall, I was feeling great.  At work, around 8am, I went to the bathroom and felt something fall out of me.  It felt odd and when I looked in the toilet, there was a quarter size ball or dark red blood (kind of looked like jello).  I wasn't having an pain and she was still moving around, but I called the doctor.  The doctor said to drink lots of fluid and call if it happened again, I started to have any pain or decreased fetal movement.  Around 12:30pm, I went to the bathroom and again, something fell out.  It was a little smaller and a little lighter in color, but I really started to freak out.

I called the doctor and they sent me to L&D.  She was concerned about an incompetent cervix of losing my mucus plug.  Thankfully, everything looks great.  They have no explanation for what it was.  I wasn't having contractions, my exam and sonogram looked good.  They put me on bed rest for 24 hours, pelvic rest for a week and told me to take it easy the rest of the weekend.  I was really freaking out no the way to L&D.  I just kept panicking about everything - her coming so early and being put on bed rest.  The nurse from my OB's office was awesome and so was DH.  All of my coworkers even called or texted to check on me today. 

I hate having the PGAL brain and thinking everything ache, pain or weird thing that happens is bad, but it's hard.  I am emotionally drained and just looking forward to being lazy this weekend, which is super hard for me.  I generally can't just lay around, but I don't have a choice.  Guess I should take advantage of it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scary Day yesterday - TMI, sorry

• Options
    I would have also freaked out so don't feel like it is you! Glad all is good, relax this weekend an catch up on movies!
  • Options
    That's so scary!!! I'm glad everything is ok though- take care of yourself & your little one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's so scary!!! Glad all is well!

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    I think ANY spotting during pregnancy is enough to scare us! Even when I was told I would spot after my last internal exam, I STILL freaked out.

So glad everything turned out well! Use this weekend as an excuse to catch up on shows/movies and make your SO feed you Bon Bons and rub your feet ;) It's good for the baby, right?!
  • Options
    Glad to hear everything is good!
  • Options
    Hugs to you! 

I agree, anything out of the ordinary until its actually time is the most scary thing! I remember getting some spotting the day after an internal exam, and it was all I could do not to break down in the bathroom!

I'm glad everything is O.K, and take care of yourself!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    I would have freaked out as well, good to hear that all is well!
  • Options
    That is so scary! I'm glad everything looks good. Keep baking in there, baby!
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"