January 2014 Moms
Options

Baby alert time

Every so often, Avery is wide awake and just looking around with her big beautiful eyes. When she is like this, I feel that I should be interacting with her. But sometimes I am too exhausted or I want to get some housework/cooking done. Just wanted to see what you all think and what you do when baby is awake and alert. I feel bad when she looks at me...Ill "talk" with her a little but then get back to what I am doing...

Re: Baby alert time

• Options
    If I can't "play" with DS2 when he's awake I make sure to put on music, or to set him down in a place where he has something to look at. For example, his swing has toys hanging over it or I'll put him on his play mat. I also talk to him about what I am doing. Since I have DS1 at home as well, there is definitely some juggling that has to be done to keep both boys entertained.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DS1 I would narrate what I was doing.  I try to do the same with DS2, but at this point when he's awake his main interest is nursing.  When he is alert and not nursing we do tummy time on the floor or I lay him on his back on a blanket beside DS1 and I while I play with DS1 so DS2 is near the action.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We try to do tummy time, or give him things to look at/track. DH will read aloud to him.
    Ashley, FTM, Age 31, Southern California
    Jude Meyer was born January 12, 2014, at 21 inches, 7lb, 8oz.

image imageimage
  • Options
    We sing to DD (so far loves the Beatles, radio head, zeppelin and Rogers and Hammerstein) or I walk around the house and talk to her. Tried to get out the mat but didn't seem interested last week. Might try again since she now seems content with laying on her back and wiggling around sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Talk, talk, talk! It will make such a big difference when baby is old enough to speak! The more vocabulary and conversation baby is exposed to, the better his vocabulary will be later on. This is especially important when they start school!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"