TTC After a Loss

***AMA weekly check-in***

buggirl72buggirl72 member
edited January 2014 in TTC After a Loss
***<><>AMA weekly check-in<><>***
This check-in is for Friday, January 31, 2014.  
Hi ladies! I hope this week treated everyone kindly.  I’m facing the time crunch of too much to study and not enough time so, for the next few weeks at least, I will not be able to post individual personal messages.
♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Welcome Tablefor5, dzringrl, and jenwashington!

****BFP warnings***
None this week
This is a check-in designed for us that are AMA (35+) and dealing with that added challenge in our TTCAL journeys. Please feel free to share your insights, vents, thoughts, and anything else. Mostly this check-in is to remind all of us that we are not alone and to offer support to each other. Check in every Friday. New members: Post an introduction and your current TTC status and I will add you to the list! Welcome :-) Current members: Post your updates, link to your chart, upcoming appointments, and if you get a BFP, please PM me!
Current Members:

anitaflora

Ashellypnut

Bigboneded

buggirl72

clh4444

dajhughes

dzringrl

Eliz77

gscoville

HeyMrsPotter

HoldingOutHope

jenwashington

katib77

mlal78

peggels24

rachnnn

RN536

rubysi

SoxFan777

Tablefor5

Tappin2b

Tobylovekm

tuscanbride2007

wife07mom09

2ndgeneration

Please give us an update on how you are doing - TTCAL, non-TTCAL, or whatever you feel like sharing.

To anyone who missed last week’s check-in: how are you?

Question of the Week:   Are you going to watch the Olympics? What sport(s) do you find yourself watching during the Olympics that you would normally never watch?

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ***AMA weekly check-in***

• Hi ladies!  Thanks for the check-in @buggirl72.  How's everything with you?

Not much to share here - waiting for stupid AF to go away.  Gonna get some sexy time in this weekend!  (Note that I'm doing a weird ridiculous dance when I say that and probably chanting something like "Sexytime Sexytime Gonna Get some Sexytime").  Apparently I am punchy this Friday afternoon.

Oh random - it's absolutely gorgeous out - that could be what is making me stir crazy - I don't want to sit here in my office another minute - I want go leave and get my drink on.

QOTW:  Curling.  For some reason we are obsessed with curling when the Olympics rolls around. And DH will let me watch Figure Skating without objection because it's the Olympics :)

BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hi, ladies. Thanks for the check-in, @buggirl72. How are you doing? I missed replying to the last check-in, but I did keep up with everyone's updates. ((HUGS)) to anyone who needs them this week.

This week I'm feeling very bloated from all the medication associated with my current IUI cycle. But, I triggered last night, so I should feel better after I O, which will be soon. (If not, then maybe it's not the meds and I'm just fatter!) The procedure is tomorrow morning. Wish us luck.

QOTW: I'm not a huge sports fan, so I won't watch much of the Olympics. But I might get sucked into any of the figure skating events. 

• Loading the player...
  • Hi Bug!  Hope you are well!

Doing ok.  Not looking forward to the month of February at all. 

Have a fun weekend coming up, looking forward to some fun with family and friends so I can stop thinking about sad things.

QOTW-  I love watching The Olympics.  I like watching all the Skiing and Speed Skating.  I absolutely love watching Figure Skating.  My Mom and I would always watch it together.

True Story-  I never went Ice Skating in my life until after the 1988 Winter Olympics...I begged my Mom to take me.  I thought it would be so easy.  I WAS THE WORST.  I didn't (couldn't) leave the wall.  I got my pants all dirty from falling so much and I had horrible blisters.  My Mom had to stop at the store to get me pants and band aids.  I am much better at it these days.  :\">
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

• Good luck tomorrow @heymrspotter ! Fx this is your cycle.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• HeyMrsPotterHeyMrsPotter member
    edited January 2014
    peggels24 . I hope AF hits the road so you can enjoy your sexytime. LOL. 

Dance it out, girl!

Tappin2B, ((HUGS)) for your approaching EDD. I'm glad you have some fun things planned.

edited: page fail
  • Good Luck tomorrow @HeyMrsPotter I will have everything crossed for you!

Enjoy HIO this weekend @peggels24

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

BabyFruit Ticker

*All are Welcome*

• Thank you @buggirl72 for taking time out for the tread :)
    Good luck @HeyMrsPotter
    @peggels24..hope your weekend is eventful ;)

Me? I'm day CD45 with not a hint of AF...twenty tests say negative but prove I'm a testing maniac. So just trying to not hit level BC and waiting on AF to get her butt in gear and get the show on the road.

I apologize if I missed anyone. I hope you all have a great and relaxing weekend.
  • Well, I'm just trucking along in the 2WW on a clomid cycle.  I started spotting yesterday, 9DPO, and it continued today with a huge bigger-than-a-quarter clot when I wiped, not sure what the eff that's about but it's definitely got me already feeling like I'm out.  I mean, it's nice that the clomid stops me from starting to spot on 1DPO, but at this point I just feel like nothing good will ever come out of a cycle where I'm spotting, my LP is longer at 15+ days, so I can still expect another week of spotting before my actual period.  Ugh!  Ah well, it is what it is I guess.

On the non-TTCAL front, hubby will be starting school to become a Pharmacy Tech in just over a week, he travels down to the school for Feb. 10-15, then comes home and starts the online part of it which goes until the middle of August, when he'll have to go down again for a full 6 weeks to finish off the course.  Then back home hopefully for a couple of month-long practicums, we're hoping they can be done in our town and not away somewhere. 

As a past figure skater and current skating judge, of course I'll be watching the figure skating.  I also enjoy pretty much anything else, I love watching any and all Olympic sports and really get into the whole thing.  Nothing can make me cry quicker than someone fulfilling their Olympic dream in spectacular fashion, no matter where they're from or what sport they're in!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• RustyGirl3RustyGirl3 member
    edited January 2014
    gscoville said:

As a past figure skater and current skating judge, of course I'll be watching the figure skating.  I also enjoy pretty much anything else, I love watching any and all Olympic sports and really get into the whole thing.  Nothing can make me cry quicker than someone fulfilling their Olympic dream in spectacular fashion, no matter where they're from or what sport they're in!
    That's awesome!! 

DH's cousin's fiance competed in London in Racewalking.  It was so exciting!  We've known her for 10 years and she always talked about maybe being able to compete in the Olympics one day...amazing to witness a dream being fulfilled.

ETA- bolded

BabyFruit Ticker

*All are Welcome*

• peggels24 said:
    Hi ladies!  Thanks for the check-in @buggirl72.  How's everything with you?

Not much to share here - waiting for stupid AF to go away.  Gonna get some sexy time in this weekend!  (Note that I'm doing a weird ridiculous dance when I say that and probably chanting something like "Sexytime Sexytime Gonna Get some Sexytime").  Apparently I am punchy this Friday afternoon.

Oh random - it's absolutely gorgeous out - that could be what is making me stir crazy - I don't want to sit here in my office another minute - I want go leave and get my drink on.

QOTW:  Curling.  For some reason we are obsessed with curling when the Olympics rolls around. And DH will let me watch Figure Skating without objection because it's the Olympics :)

I think the fact that you are chanting "sexytime sexytime" in your office makes it even better! Enjoy your weekend!

And yes to curling! I blame my dad for getting me hooked on Olympic curling - I look forward to watching it every time the Winter Olympics role around.

• Hi, ladies. Thanks for the check-in, @buggirl72. How are you doing? I missed replying to the last check-in, but I did keep up with everyone's updates. ((HUGS)) to anyone who needs them this week.

This week I'm feeling very bloated from all the medication associated with my current IUI cycle. But, I triggered last night, so I should feel better after I O, which will be soon. (If not, then maybe it's not the meds and I'm just fatter!) The procedure is tomorrow morning. Wish us luck.

QOTW: I'm not a huge sports fan, so I won't watch much of the Olympics. But I might get sucked into any of the figure skating events. 

Good luck with the IUI! I think all fertility meds can make you feel bloated so hopefully you will start feeling better now that you are done with those.

• Tappin2B said:
    Hi Bug!  Hope you are well!

Doing ok.  Not looking forward to the month of February at all. 

Have a fun weekend coming up, looking forward to some fun with family and friends so I can stop thinking about sad things.

QOTW-  I love watching The Olympics.  I like watching all the Skiing and Speed Skating.  I absolutely love watching Figure Skating.  My Mom and I would always watch it together.

True Story-  I never went Ice Skating in my life until after the 1988 Winter Olympics...I begged my Mom to take me.  I thought it would be so easy.  I WAS THE WORST.  I didn't (couldn't) leave the wall.  I got my pants all dirty from falling so much and I had horrible blisters.  My Mom had to stop at the store to get me pants and band aids.  I am much better at it these days.  :\">
    ((((hugs)))) I find the anticipation for an EDD, and the month itself,  to be worse than the actual day.

I'm glad you kept with the ice skating! I've only been one time mainly because I've never lived in an area that had a place to go ice skating.

• Tablefor5 said:
    Thank you @buggirl72 for taking time out for the tread :) Good luck @HeyMrsPotter @peggels24..hope your weekend is eventful ;) Me? I'm day CD45 with not a hint of AF...twenty tests say negative but prove I'm a testing maniac. So just trying to not hit level BC and waiting on AF to get her butt in gear and get the show on the road. I apologize if I missed anyone. I hope you all have a great and relaxing weekend.
    I hope AF shows pretty soon for you. You could always start charting, even though it is late in your cycle, but it might let you see if you have consistent post-O high temps. If no AF by CD60, are you going to contact your OB?

• gscoville said:
    Well, I'm just trucking along in the 2WW on a clomid cycle.  I started spotting yesterday, 9DPO, and it continued today with a huge bigger-than-a-quarter clot when I wiped, not sure what the eff that's about but it's definitely got me already feeling like I'm out.  I mean, it's nice that the clomid stops me from starting to spot on 1DPO, but at this point I just feel like nothing good will ever come out of a cycle where I'm spotting, my LP is longer at 15+ days, so I can still expect another week of spotting before my actual period.  Ugh!  Ah well, it is what it is I guess.

On the non-TTCAL front, hubby will be starting school to become a Pharmacy Tech in just over a week, he travels down to the school for Feb. 10-15, then comes home and starts the online part of it which goes until the middle of August, when he'll have to go down again for a full 6 weeks to finish off the course.  Then back home hopefully for a couple of month-long practicums, we're hoping they can be done in our town and not away somewhere. 

((((hugs)))) I know how you feel when you see that spotting. I wonder if they would do a 7dpo progesterone check for you if you do another clomid cycle? Just to see where your progesterone is at.

I'm excited for you husband and glad that he can do so much of his studying from home! Will you be able to go visit him at all during the 6 week stint in August?

• My update - I am 10dpo  based on a +OPK and a couple temps I took that indicate O was probably the day after the positive.  I pretty much took a temping break this cycle and it has not been too bad. I do have a small amount of curiosity about what my chart would look like this cycle but not enough to pick up the thermometer.  I did have a bit of a MF going on based on intensely sore boobs but spotting today (which is incredibly typical pre-AF sign for me) lets me put the MF back on a shelf where it belongs. I expect AF in four or five days based on the spotting.

Otherwise, my big crazy was realizing that I'm on track to do just under 1000 multiple choice questions by Bar week. While that may sound like a lot, I did 2000 for the last bar.  I've already let DH know that I'm going to be getting up at 4am during the week so I can get an extra 2 hours of studying in before work. Fun times!

• buggirl72 said:
    gscoville said:
    Well, I'm just trucking along in the 2WW on a clomid cycle.  I started spotting yesterday, 9DPO, and it continued today with a huge bigger-than-a-quarter clot when I wiped, not sure what the eff that's about but it's definitely got me already feeling like I'm out.  I mean, it's nice that the clomid stops me from starting to spot on 1DPO, but at this point I just feel like nothing good will ever come out of a cycle where I'm spotting, my LP is longer at 15+ days, so I can still expect another week of spotting before my actual period.  Ugh!  Ah well, it is what it is I guess.

((((hugs)))) I know how you feel when you see that spotting. I wonder if they would do a 7dpo progesterone check for you if you do another clomid cycle? Just to see where your progesterone is at.

I'm excited for you husband and glad that he can do so much of his studying from home! Will you be able to go visit him at all during the 6 week stint in August?

A progesterone check on CD21 is actually the only 'monitoring' I am getting on these clomid cycles. When I did my first clomid cycle in November my prog was 51, the OB said he was pretty happy with that number. Still didn't stop me from starting to spot a day or two later, though. I had my prog BW for this cycle drawn on Wednesday, but I haven't heard back yet from the OB on that result. Even in May when I had all my initial testing done, my prog number looked really good, it doesn't seem like I'm low. It's just frustrating to not know what causes all this spotting. Anytime I express concern about it, doctors say treatment would be to put me on BCP to control it and go from there, obviously not an option for TTC. To be honest, even when I was on BCP for the last four years before we started TTC, I always bled mid-cycle, almost like a mini-period, so I don't see BCP being a good option either. I'm really not sure what to think anymore, it just seems to be something I have to endure.

Being a teacher, I'll still be on summer holidays when he first goes down, so could possibly go with him for a couple of weeks anyways, but it depends on his housing - he's looking into a bed and breakfast, but that might be only a small room with a twin bed, which wouldn't work for both of us!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• buggirl72 said:

Tablefor5 said:

Thank you @buggirl72 for taking time out for the tread :)
    Good luck @HeyMrsPotter
    @peggels24..hope your weekend is eventful ;)

Me? I'm day CD45 with not a hint of AF...twenty tests say negative but prove I'm a testing maniac. So just trying to not hit level BC and waiting on AF to get her butt in gear and get the show on the road.

I apologize if I missed anyone. I hope you all have a great and relaxing weekend.

I hope AF shows pretty soon for you. You could always start charting, even though it is late in your cycle, but it might let you see if you have consistent post-O high temps. If no AF by CD60, are you going to contact your OB?

I've been trying to temp but my sleep pattern is unpredictable because I dispatch roadside calls throughout the night. I have been notating cm also.
    I was told to call her if I don't start AF in 3 months but CD60 is about all I can take.

• Good luck tomorrow @HeyMrsPotter !!  

I'm currently pissed.  My beta from last wed went from 8.9 to today's 8.8 and that's with having a light period these last three days.  I mean come on!  I hate going weekly now and they won't let me stretch it further out as they are "slightly concerned" with the lack of drop in the last ten days but would not say anything further.  Aarrgghh!  

Non TTCAL news I cleaned the entire house and did our taxes today so feeling super accomplished and can enjoy laying around the rest of my three day weekend.  However Sunday will be a bit bitter sweet as last superbowl Sunday was the first time I ever saw a BFP.  

QOTW:  We're hockey fans so we'll watch that with great enthusiasm...but we're also big olympic fans and will watch curling, speed skating, snowboarding, ski jumps, luge - pretty much anything that's on.  I used to love figure skating but got kind of burnt out on it after my early 20s but we'll watch a little of it inbetween other events.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Hi, all! I am still awaiting the results from my recent blood work done by my new RE. I feel pretty confident all will come back normal as it did in August and I am bracing myself for the IVF talk. We'll see soon!

QOTW: I LOVE figure skating and that makes up the Olympics for me. To answer the question, these Olympics are the 1st timeI am seriously interested in Ice Dance-will the Canadians repeat? Or will  the Americans (please, please!) win Gold?! I normally don't follow Ice Dance, but I am eager to see this competition! Otherwise, I will watch speed skating and bobsled, events I never watch during the year.

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• Hello everyone,

@buggirl172 good luck with your studying. Anyone with that much drive will do great.

@paggels24 "sexytime" makes me smile dance included

@HeyMrsPotter FX this is your cycle

@Tappin2B it is good to keep busy with fun.

@Tablefor5 I hope AF makes an appearance soon

@gscoville Sorry about your cycle. I am so envious of people how have the coordination for ice skating.

@katib77  Sorry about the beta frustration.  I need to get my house cleaned... great work!

As for me I am on cd12 and waiting to O. Still having alot of work drama due to my crazy assistant. I don't go out of my way to watch the Olympics,  but DH will have it on quite a bit.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • What's this ice-dance thing? I've got to get with it! I admit I would pause and get sucked in if figure skating was on. When I was a gymnast WAAAY back in the day, I had a choreographed floor routine to Ice Castles lol.

As for TTC news, AF is still hanging around 5 days later after she took her time for a few days teasing me with just some spotting and then finally decided to get real. I want to get on with it already and need some alone time with DH who is getting ready to end his 6w rotation on nights and go back on days for 6 weeks - yay!

For those in their 2WW, FX for you!
  • What's this ice-dance thing? I've got to get with it! I admit I would pause and get sucked in if figure skating was on. When I was a gymnast WAAAY back in the day, I had a choreographed floor routine to Ice Castles lol.

As for TTC news, AF is still hanging around 5 days later after she took her time for a few days teasing me with just some spotting and then finally decided to get real. I want to get on with it already and need some alone time with DH who is getting ready to end his 6w rotation on nights and go back on days for 6 weeks - yay!

For those in their 2WW, FX for you!

I think... Based purely on what I have observed...is that Ice Dancing is almost the same as figure skating just no jumps.

BabyFruit Ticker

*All are Welcome*

• Tappin2B said:
    I think... Based purely on what I have observed...is that Ice Dancing is almost the same as figure skating just no jumps.
    This is pretty much it!  Ice dance first started as literally dancing on ice - traditional ice dancing was based on ballroom dances like waltzes, tangos, foxtrots, etc. with set patterns skated around the ice.  Ice dancing has changed a lot over the years, but the basis is still musicality and dance feel.  One of their programs has to be a certain theme (each year they choose a different kind of dance) that all pairs have to base their programs on).  The other program, free dance, is just what it sounds like, it can be any theme.  No jumps like the Pairs event, they can do spins but differently than Pairs, and no lifts where the guy's hands go higher than his shoulders I believe.  

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• All this Ice Skating talk is making me want to go!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

*All are Welcome*

• Thanks @HoldingOutHope, I hate to hear you are benched again, but glad that maybe you have found a doctor that seems to be working for YOU and not treating just another chart.

@ everyone talking skating. In 2011 I was able to get box seats through my employer to the US figure skating championships. It was pretty interesting seeing it in person and also watching what happens during the commercial breaks.
  • @mlal78 yes I have been temping but they are all over the place because I dispatch roadside assistance calls throughout the night.
  • @HeyMrsPotter fx for you!
    @gscoville sorry bout the clot, sounds frustrating. Glad for your DH school! I hope you can have a little vacay time in August, here's hoping for a full size bed! Maybe could get a roll away if he had a twin bed?
    @HoldingOutHope, stupid thyroid! Thats how I feel when my numbers get out of whack... and yes we do have to be our own advocates! My aunt, the doctor, recommended Armour Thyroid, so I have been taking that for a while and went Gluten free which seemed to help stabilize things. Very frustrating waiting for our bodies to cooperate! ((Hugs))
    @peggels24, thank you for the mental image, makes me smile... might have to try that dance... does it work like a rain dance (smile)?
    @katib77 you are an inspiration! I need help with all of that... trying to nail down a date with DH to meet with accountant...

QOTW: we dont watch a lot of tv, but I do like to see the Olympics, so probably at least some....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @buggirl72 thank you for the thread, and best of luck with the studies.... I am so glad I picked something easy like Nursing (wink) I cant imagine all that you need to know for the Bar!
    @rubysi Aaarrgggh .... drama, I am up for the TP plan (smile)!
    @mlal78 sorry bout the metformin... hope things normalize for you

@everyone, best of luck, fx! This posting from the smart phone is tedious!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mlal78 said:

@gscoville: I am sorry for the spotting.   Exciting for your dh!  Is this a complete career change for him or was he sort of in the field already?

This is a complete career change for him - he had a great job with the city where he lived two hours away before we finally decided who would make the move and he moved to my town.  He got a job with the proposed mine, first out at the mine site and then in town at their lab, but that job ended in November and the mine itself won't be developed further for a few years at least now, so he decided to take advantage of job training support through the province and go back to school in a completely different field.  I'm so glad he's found something to be excited about, I still feel guilty about him having to switch gears at almost 40 to move and be with me, and work a real grunt-work mine job in the meantime, so this is an exciting path that will hopefully carry him through to retirement in a couple decades.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• @katib77 you are an inspiration! I need help with all of that... trying to nail down a date with DH to meet with accountant... 

Thanks but actually I did it all on Turbo Tax but said I'd revisit the "Medical Expenses" section thinking *maybe* we'd qualify if I looked into it more (since it needs to be 10% or more of your AGI).  After looking at all the rules and what we paid OOP for the IVF cycle and all other expenses we are right on the cusp so after swimming in paperwork this afternoon we agreed we'll get a CPA to do our taxes this year since they'll know more about those rules than us.  And so sad to make a spreadsheet of all the visits to my RE (since there is a gas milage compensation for medical visits).  I saw my REs staff 40 times last year. Good lord.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• gscoville said:
    buggirl72 said:
    gscoville said:

A progesterone check on CD21 is actually the only 'monitoring' I am getting on these clomid cycles. When I did my first clomid cycle in November my prog was 51, the OB said he was pretty happy with that number. Still didn't stop me from starting to spot a day or two later, though. I had my prog BW for this cycle drawn on Wednesday, but I haven't heard back yet from the OB on that result. Even in May when I had all my initial testing done, my prog number looked really good, it doesn't seem like I'm low. It's just frustrating to not know what causes all this spotting. Anytime I express concern about it, doctors say treatment would be to put me on BCP to control it and go from there, obviously not an option for TTC. To be honest, even when I was on BCP for the last four years before we started TTC, I always bled mid-cycle, almost like a mini-period, so I don't see BCP being a good option either. I'm really not sure what to think anymore, it just seems to be something I have to endure.

Being a teacher, I'll still be on summer holidays when he first goes down, so could possibly go with him for a couple of weeks anyways, but it depends on his housing - he's looking into a bed and breakfast, but that might be only a small room with a twin bed, which wouldn't work for both of us!
    I just realized my reply to you never posted!

I do remember you saying you got your 7dpo check now. ((((hugs)))) for today's temp drop.

• katib77 said:
    Good luck tomorrow @HeyMrsPotter !!  

I'm currently pissed.  My beta from last wed went from 8.9 to today's 8.8 and that's with having a light period these last three days.  I mean come on!  I hate going weekly now and they won't let me stretch it further out as they are "slightly concerned" with the lack of drop in the last ten days but would not say anything further.  Aarrgghh!  

Non TTCAL news I cleaned the entire house and did our taxes today so feeling super accomplished and can enjoy laying around the rest of my three day weekend.  However Sunday will be a bit bitter sweet as last superbowl Sunday was the first time I ever saw a BFP.  

QOTW:  We're hockey fans so we'll watch that with great enthusiasm...but we're also big olympic fans and will watch curling, speed skating, snowboarding, ski jumps, luge - pretty much anything that's on.  I used to love figure skating but got kind of burnt out on it after my early 20s but we'll watch a little of it inbetween other events.
    Well fluck. I'm sorry that your beta barely moved and that you have to stick to weekly draws. I hope it zeros out quickly without them having to do anything. And super big (((((hugs))))) today.

• Eliz77 said:
    Hi, all! I am still awaiting the results from my recent blood work done by my new RE. I feel pretty confident all will come back normal as it did in August and I am bracing myself for the IVF talk. We'll see soon!

QOTW: I LOVE figure skating and that makes up the Olympics for me. To answer the question, these Olympics are the 1st timeI am seriously interested in Ice Dance-will the Canadians repeat? Or will  the Americans (please, please!) win Gold?! I normally don't follow Ice Dance, but I am eager to see this competition! Otherwise, I will watch speed skating and bobsled, events I never watch during the year.

I hope you get your results quickly. Did your  RE also do an ovarian assessment report to see if you are a good IVF candidate?

• rubysi said:
    Hello everyone,

@buggirl172 good luck with your studying. Anyone with that much drive will do great.

*snip*

As for me I am on cd12 and waiting to O. Still having alot of work drama due to my crazy assistant. I don't go out of my way to watch the Olympics,  but DH will have it on quite a bit.
    Thanks! I hope the work drama ends soon.

• What's this ice-dance thing? I've got to get with it! I admit I would pause and get sucked in if figure skating was on. When I was a gymnast WAAAY back in the day, I had a choreographed floor routine to Ice Castles lol. As for TTC news, AF is still hanging around 5 days later after she took her time for a few days teasing me with just some spotting and then finally decided to get real. I want to get on with it already and need some alone time with DH who is getting ready to end his 6w rotation on nights and go back on days for 6 weeks - yay! For those in their 2WW, FX for you!
    Ugh! I hope AF leaves soon (if she hasn't already) and you get your alone time with DH.

• gscoville said:
    Tappin2B said:
    This is pretty much it!  Ice dance first started as literally dancing on ice - traditional ice dancing was based on ballroom dances like waltzes, tangos, foxtrots, etc. with set patterns skated around the ice.  Ice dancing has changed a lot over the years, but the basis is still musicality and dance feel.  One of their programs has to be a certain theme (each year they choose a different kind of dance) that all pairs have to base their programs on).  The other program, free dance, is just what it sounds like, it can be any theme.  No jumps like the Pairs event, they can do spins but differently than Pairs, and no lifts where the guy's hands go higher than his shoulders I believe.  
    I think Torvill and Dean are the most famous ice dancing couple that I can think of. I would say it's a pretty under appreciated sport.

• Hi, bug! Hi, ladies!

Sorry I missed this yesterday, but here I am!

My big news is that I have just been benched AGAIN. I had a suspicion last week that my thyroid was acting up. I was frustrated with my endo and found a new doc. She emailed me last night with the bad news. My TSH has shot up and my T3 is way too low. I have to start new meds and it will probably be 4-6 weeks before my levels are where they will need to be just to TTC. Sounds like she wants to take a look at my prolactin levels and pituitary as well, due some other hormonal anomalies.

To say I am frustrated would be a gross understatement. I was just gearing up to O on our first cycle off the bench. At this point, it looks like I will be benched past my last EDD, and that really hurts my heart. I'm definitely having a down day, and I apologize for being a huge Debbie Downer.

If there's one piece of advice I can pass on to anybody...be your own advocate!! Don't settle for incompetence from your medical provider!

QOTW: Definitely figure skating. The only time I ever watch it or care about it is during the Olympics. :)

*snip*
    I love, that just blows. I'm glad you recognized something was not right and advocated for yourself. Your new endo sounds very proactive which is a good things.  (((hugs)))

• mlal78 said:
    Hi ladies!

I am cd3 with an af that is not behaving as normal, nothing worrisome, just flow wise.  I am guessing the metformin has something to do with it (first af on the met).

Other than that, not much else new to report.  I will be pretty boring for the next three weeks while I wait for O time to come around again.  I am contemplating adding COQ10 in to my pill popping regimen, but would need advice on dosage.

ETA: QOTW: The only thing I really make a point of watching is the hockey.  Sometimes I will watch some of the skiing or figure skating if the tv is on.
    You are never boring! It makes sense that a different AF may be a side effect of the met. I'm also hoping we see a pre-CD20 O for you - you never know.  If you want, you can be tasked with scolding me to find a new RE.

As far as CoQ10 dosing, my RE put me on 300mg a day. He recommended Kirkland brand 300mg pills (so once a day) but I went with GNC brand (only vitamins that do not irritate my lady bits when I pee (apparently I'm really sensitive to any additives/coloring/etc.)). GNC only had 100mg or 200mg. I started with taking the 3 100mg at once but @BootsOrHearts and/or @Katherine25 said their REs recommended spacing it out through the day. I could be making that up - my brain is really full of other stuff right now :)  Either way, I now take 100mg with each meal.

300mg per day seems to be the most common recommended to people on this board but I've seen 600mg a day also.

• buggirl72 said:
    I think Torvill and Dean are the most famous ice dancing couple that I can think of. I would say it's a pretty under appreciated sport.
    You've got that completely right - ice dancers are the best skaters out there, they're all about technical skills, deep edges and soft turns you couldn't hear with a microscope on the ice.  If you ever get the chance, you need to see them do their stroking (arena laps) warmups on practices, their speed and smooth glide is mesmerizing!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• buggirl72 said:
    ((((hugs)))) for today's temp drop.
    Thank you!!  I'm honestly so effing fed up with my body right now.  I'm cramping slightly so I think it's my period, and I'm bleeding what I would consider light to medium with clots, but really only when I wipe, so it's not really like a period. It's like I need three more categories in FF for menses - light, medium, and heavy spotting? I've had this 'leadup' to my periods for so long now, where I think I should consider it my period but there's no real 'flow', just lots on my tp when I wipe.  I usually wait a few days to where I get the massive cramps and actual heavy flow that, to me, feel like a true period, but maybe I'm wrong to wait to consider that CD1.  I don't know.  All I know is my LP since early last summer has been 15 days on average, but this temp drop and half-assed period at 12DPO are totally throwing me off. 

I'm so sorry to be such an AW on this thread the last few days, I just really feel like I'm starting to lose it.  So much uncertainty with my body and what it's doing, wondering where I'm actually at in my cycle, is this or that bleeding spotting or a period - I don't know, ladies, It's all just really getting to me and I don't know why all of a sudden now.  Why can't anything just be clear?  I'd totally welcome an unexpected gusher in my pants at work one day as a "Yes, that's most definitely my period" moment, rather than this constantly examining everything that comes out of my hoo-ha and questioning my judgement every time I go to the bathroom.  Fuuuuuck!!!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"