Infertility
Options

XP: Embryoscope?

Our clinic just got Embryoscope late last Fall.   It's an extra $750 to use it, and while I think the concept is awesome, our RE said that it's a "developing technology" and she isn't entirely convinced she would recommend it for someone in our circumstance (young-ish, and without a failed IVF before).

That said, they won't turn down our money, and if we want it - we can have it.   We just have to decide tomorrow if we want it so they can "reserve" our spot in the incubator.

Here are the Pros/Cons I see so far -- please weigh in!!!

Pro:
- It's cool, and the geek in me totally likes the idea of getting a video/still images of our embryos as they develop.
- I believe it means they get at least a slightly clearer idea of how the embryos do and whether they are developing well.
- My understanding is that the incubator is a closed environment so the embryos aren't subjected to as many climate changes/moves as they might be in traditional incubators.   Apparently this is better for them?

Cons:
- Cost - one that our RE seems to think it's necessary right now.
- We aren't sure yet how many eggs/embryos we'll get, and our RE explained that it's not really worth it if they only have a few embryos to choose from, it's actually most useful if you have a lot that you'll be choosing from to distinguish which ones may be best of the best.    But we have to decide up front, and it's a gamble.

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

Re: XP: Embryoscope?

• Options

Our clinic just got this technology. They are currently doing a study with it and fortunately because of that it is free.  The catch is that they only have 4 so if there are more folks that want to do it you may not get a spot when you need it. 

Becasue of my age and outcome of first IVF cyle, I so want to be able to do it.  All the pros and cons you mentioned are accurate based on what I have been told.  They even feel that they can tell which embyos are developing at the best rate meaning they are stronger by the time sequence of their dividing and growth.  I guess if they divide in a constistant way they are thought to be of better quality rather than if they stop and start at different time intervals.

I'm hoping I get a spot :D

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"