Cloth Diapering

Simplex

I'm assuming I need to wash these several times to get them set for use (since the inserts are cotton). Also, do the inserts actually work themselves out in the wash? Or am I better off just pulling them out before the wash.

Re: Simplex

• Mine sometimes don't agitate out in my TL.  I washed once and used and have never had a leak (I think they say just to wash once, so I did) but I figured it has probably been getting more absorbent each time I wash it.  It's never leaked.
  • Mine always work themselves out, and I usually wash at least 3 times before use.
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Danie007Danie007 member
    edited January 2014
    I only washed once, and haven't had a problem. My medium and large tongues will agitate out. However, my newborns don't always. I usually pull them out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I usually just wash once with a load of towels. We usually use them with the fleece side out, so they are already out when we put them in the diaper bin.
  • Thanks for the info.

I also notice they don't fit until 12 pounds. He's only 10 pounds right now.
  • sarenu1 said:

Thanks for the info.

Try it, you might be surprised.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Danie007 said:

sarenu1 said:

Thanks for the info.

Try it, you might be surprised.
    The monkey one is too cute so I might have to. However, my guy has pretty skinny legs and hips so I won't be disappointed if it fails.
  • Ours fit before 12 lbs.
  • Mine have always agitated out. Sometimes the whole diaper turns inside out. I think I only washed mine once to prep them.

• I stuff mine with a newborn prefold for overnight and it always agitates out.  I wash about 3 times before using.

TTC since September 2009.

IVF #2: +HPT 2/6/12! ~ Boy/Girl Twins!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"