1st Trimester
Options

First Appointment ?

bike4lifebike4life member
edited January 2014 in 1st Trimester

So I've been reading and seeing a lot of women who go to doctor before 8 weeks or 10 weeks and get blood work done talking about HCG levels.  Well I was curious and called my doc office and asked them if I needed to come in for that.  They said no that they do that all at first appt, which isn't till March 3rd.  They said only bring in patients early if they have had issues in past.  Just worries me... that's like 4 weeks away... i'm going to drive myself nuts... prob going to keep taking prego test just to make sure...

Anyone else like this? 

This is my first baby after all if you can't tell...
I haven't had any spotting, normal cramping, diarrhea, morning sickness (or depends on what i eat im sick afterwards but haven't puked), hungry about every 2 hours, my boobs hurt so bad, hot at night, and oh the moods!

Re: First Appointment ?

• Options
    The first 8 weeks are pretty hands off for people with no history of complications or loss. Because at this point, if something were to go wrong, there's basically nothing they can do. If you have bleeding they might have you come in for an ultrasound (happened to me) but other than that, it's a good thing to let you just be pregnant at home.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Trust me, I would love to not have had 2 blood draws in the last week and another 3 next week depending on numbers. I know it seems exciting to get to know what's going on, but it's really nerve-wracking. As PP and your doc said, unless you have known issues or previous losses, they're not going to bring you in for all of that. Also, as PP said, there's really nothing they can do to stop a miscarriage at this point, so you just have to go with it. I hope you have a pregnancy blessedly free of extra appointments or complications.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks girl!  I'm just going to try and relax, take some naps, and prob test every once and awhile with HPT just to make sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"