Cloth Diapering
Options

RaR vs BB vs Bummis wet bags?

We need another wet bag for daycare, looking for opinions on what would be a good purchase.  Currently we use 2 bummis medium bags, and they work well.  Initially we used planet wise and they both delaminated down in the bottom corners - not impressed.

Does anyone use the kangacare bags by RaR?  It says they hold 15 diapers - we usually only have 4 or 5 at daycare - would it be too big?  Worth $18?

How about blueberry bags?  Do they have the cloth outer cover like planetwise bags, or are they single layer like bummis?

We could just get another bummis and keep it simple, but I like trying new CD stuff when I have the chance!  

Re: RaR vs BB vs Bummis wet bags?

• Options
    I'm on my 2nd, soon to be 3rd, bummed wet bag (medium). The 3rd is supposed to be food grade PUL, which I guess is supposed to be better.

I was told I'm getting paperwork in the mail for a replacement. I haven't gotten anything yet...
  • Options
    I have 3 Diaper Rite Wet Bags ;most similar to your Bummis), 1 Planstwuse Wet/Dry Bag and 2 RaR wet bags. The DR ones I use for daycare. The RaR ones are used downstairs and whenever we travel. I love them, but they are probably a bit overkill for daycare.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have PW (medium) and RaR wetbags. Both are fine as far as functionality. The RaR is bigger, but I still send it to daycare and come back with only 4 or 5 Best Bottom inserts in it. Whether or not it holds 15 dipes will depend on what kind you're putting in there. I don't use pockets or AOIs, but I imagine you'd be stuffing dirty diapers to the seams to cram 15 pockets/inserts in there. I don't really care if the RaR a big wetbag for what I need, I just alternate which one I send depending on the laundry cycle. 

I also just bought a Blueberry wetbag (because I love the Paisley print), but haven't even taken it out of the package yet, so no comment there.

• Options
    The RaR definitely hold more than a days worth of diapers, and we use prefolds or pockets.  I plan on sending mine to the sitter's since they have a nice handle to hang if they want and plenty of space.  They'll just be a little room left but the material isn't bulky at all.  In fact, they probably roll up about as small as my Alva wetbags.  I would definitely buy them again.
  • Options
    I'm on my 2nd, soon to be 3rd, bummed wet bag (medium). The 3rd is supposed to be food grade PUL, which I guess is supposed to be better.

I was told I'm getting paperwork in the mail for a replacement. I haven't gotten anything yet...
    Like snail mail?
    Yes...? I don't get it... Last time they had me email a pic of the bag, and receipt where I purchased it from.
  • Options
    I haven't had much success with wet bags.  Started with 2 PW pail liners, 2 Kawaii large hanging, 3 kawaii medium.

One of the PW pail liners got holes in the waterproof part all over within 2 weeks of use.  The other appears to be leaking, not sure from what after about 5 weeks.

The Kawaii, both large and one medium, the handle detached.  The stitching completely pulled out of the bag.

I've bought all new wetbags and so far I'm really happy.  I'm using alva wet/dry bags for the diaper bag and I got monkey foot designs for the pal liners and hanging bags.  The MFD are really heavy great quality but very pricey.
  • Options

I haven't had much success with wet bags.  Started with 2 PW pail liners, 2 Kawaii large hanging, 3 kawaii medium.

One of the PW pail liners got holes in the waterproof part all over within 2 weeks of use.  The other appears to be leaking, not sure from what after about 5 weeks.

The Kawaii, both large and one medium, the handle detached.  The stitching completely pulled out of the bag.

I've bought all new wetbags and so far I'm really happy.  I'm using alva wet/dry bags for the diaper bag and I got monkey foot designs for the pal liners and hanging bags.  The MFD are really heavy great quality but very pricey.
    If your PW is leaking, check the seams. I just went through this the other day and my seams came apart. I've owned it since October. I'm getting a replacement buy plan to try rar because I've heard their better made. They feel better made too.

• Options
    I have an RaR and a Swaddlebees (Blueberry). The Swaddlebees is my diaper bag wet bag and would probably only hold about 3 diapers. It is one layer of PUL, just like what they use for their covers. My RaR is bigger, but it seriously takes some stuffing to get more than 10 diapers in it at a time. Granted, we use two inserts in all our pockets and I go through wipes like the Hulk goes through t-shirts, so maybe we just have more "extras" in ours.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"