October 2014 Moms

First time mom

I am 5 weeks and it has finally hit me what I am about to take on. I am so scared and afraid of not being able to be the mom to my child my mom was to me and there for me all the time every time I needed her. Is this normal help very emotional!!!

Re: First time mom

• Yes it's normal.... It didn't hit me until the day I went into labor lol... All I could think about was that when I left this hospital I was leaving with a baby! Most women have this natural instinct that just kicks in.... Good luck!!
  • I'm about as far along as you with my first child and I'm also kind of like "Omgsh I'm going to be a mommy!" but don't worry okay. You will be fine. The fact that you are caring enough to ask these questions shows that you will be sensitive and caring to your child's needs. No parent is perfect but that's okay. Just got to live, learn, and love as best we can. :)

<('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^) <('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^) <('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^)

• Loading the player...
  • You learn as you go and your mommy instincts will kick in immediately. I was always a heavy sleeper but woke up at the tiniest little sigh when my daughter was a newborn. And instead of waking up groggy like I always had before, I would sit up completely awake when she needed something, no matter how little I had slept. It's amazing how mommy instincts work. Everyone worries but you'll be great once the baby is here.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You learn as you go and your mommy instincts will kick in immediately. I was always a heavy sleeper but woke up at the tiniest little sigh when my daughter was a newborn. And instead of waking up groggy like I always had before, I would sit up completely awake when she needed something, no matter how little I had slept. It's amazing how mommy instincts work. Everyone worries but you'll be great once the baby is here.
    This exactly!!  
    BFP #1 4/6/12 CP 4/10/12 @5 wks

BFP #2 5/6/12 EDD 1/16/13  DD born on her EDD 1/16/13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #3 1/26/14 EDD 10/9/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you all. Very helpful! I am better today. I swear the emotions lol!!
  • Another first time mommy to be here- can't wait til my first appointment. I'm trying to hold my nerves back but until I see my Dr it's tough to be calm lol!

Lil Pumpkin Caffrey ~ 10/3/14

• I don't have any advice given this is my first preganancy as well, but know you're not alone, and like PP have said, just the fact that you're having these thoughts .. It's a good sign! You have 9 months to think about it too !!

image image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It's nice having other people going through the same thing! I just found out yesterday and am at 5 weeks and my mind has been going non stop since!! So exciting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"