November 2013 Moms

Working moms and working out...

For those of you moms who have gone back to work, how are you managing to fit in time to exercise? I'm not much of an exerciser, but I want to start exercising since I've got extra pregnancy LB's I'd like to lose.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Working moms and working out...

• Sadly, I haven't started working out again (10 wks pp), but this Saturday I will be going a stroller workout group! I am really happy about it because it was very hard to find something after business hours or on the weekends.  I found my group on meetup.com, but check out babybootcamp.com and fit4mom.com. . . one of the big hinderances for me was that I spend so many hours a day away from my LO that exercise incorporating her made me much more excited about going.
  • I jog on the weekends. Just started back at the real gym this week. I am back in my yoga class one night per week, at 7pm. Before I got pg, i worked out 3-4 times per week. I have accepted that that is not really my lifestyle anymore while DD is so young and helpless. So if i can get 2-3 workouts in a week, I will be happy. This does not count any walking that I already do. My gym does have a free day care, but I would not want to put her in there until she is toddler age (and I am sure they have age restrictions for infants anyhow).

BabyGaga

• Loading the player...
  • Get up at 4:30- nurse and swaddle. Leave the house by 5, get to the gym by 5:10, then workout for an hour. I come home right after around 6:30 and get showered and ready for the day, then have one final nursing session before I leave for work at 8.

I totally fucking envy you

Seriously!!! You're a bad ass!
  • It's so hard, I signed up for a personal trainer and made it 3 times in a month. What the hell was I thinking? I am realizing it's going to be on the weekends and after LO has gone to sleep around 7:30. I need to get something figured out though, swimsuit season will be here before I know I it! If nothing else it does force me to eat better knowing I won't get to burn it off later!
  • I got my butt on the floor today for the first time to do some yoga and I didn't think I was going to make it back up, I think little man B decided to eat my ab muscles when he was in there.

• @kamakaziartist you are the shit. With this weather I don't even like letting the dog out that early for fear of freezing my bra-less nips off!! You go mama!

I want to order the T25 DVDs and try doing that at until the street is visible for runs outside! Just something to help me remember where I left my obliques and something to help me separate my ass from my legs.
    imageimageimageimage

• I adjusted my hours from 8-5 to 730-430.  I am also authorized 3 hours of gym time a week so I leave work between 330/4 and go to work out.  I'm done by 430/5 so I can pick up the boys at daycare.

• I can't even go to the gym bc my husbands overseas and they won't take the babe in the gym daycare until he's 6 months.... WAHH. :((

So I got 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels.... Of course haven't even done it once.... Lol
  • I think I will be in the same situation. Gym time will be after DS goes to bed at 8 or the weekends.
  • Get up at 4:30- nurse and swaddle. Leave the house by 5, get to the gym by 5:10, then workout for an hour. I come home right after around 6:30 and get showered and ready for the day, then have one final nursing session before I leave for work at 8.

Ugh. I need your will power. I'm in Canada so I'm not even close to going back to work and i can't find the 30 mins it takes to do a Jillian DVD.
  • We do Zumba at home as a family every evening and/or walk around the neighborhood. Last night I was a little too exuberant - need to strengthen that pelvic floor. At work I sacrificed my walk time for pumping time. My DH has free child care with his gym membership so cut his workout from 90 min to 60 min and takes the toddler. On weekends we will hike and bike together when I am up to it. GL!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I admire all the gals that are finding time for this. Especially getting up early!! I'm not ambitious enough to do that these days.

Lately my only exercise consists of wearing a large 3 month-old in the Ergo and taking walks downtown, to Target, or the mall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"