Cloth Diapering

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• I hate Valentine's Day. Like actually dread it. Why do I need a holiday that forces my husband and I to buy things for each other? Thankfully DH feels the same way. Before kids we just treated it like any other day. Now we just do little things for the kids like get them new socks and some candy and call it good.
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way! People look at me strange when I say that irl... Oh and dh knows if he gets me anything for "Sweetest Day" he will get punched, in the face, hard.
    I'm with you on this one.....I hate V day.  Too much pink and red mixed together plus, ever since I went to buy a bouquet of flowers to have on my table and realized how much more expensive things are on 2/14 compared to other days of the year, I have hated it even more.  I told Dh if he can't show me he loves me the other 364 days of the year...........
    We got engaged on Valentine's Day and that is the only year I think we've ever done anything "for Valentine's Day".  

We also never get each other birthday presents.  I think it's just because we're lazy and neither of us seem to care.

Although, I wouldn't mind receiving a bouquet of flowers just once in my life.
  • Mapleme said:
    I hate Valentine's Day. Like actually dread it. Why do I need a holiday that forces my husband and I to buy things for each other? Thankfully DH feels the same way. Before kids we just treated it like any other day. Now we just do little things for the kids like get them new socks and some candy and call it good.
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way! People look at me strange when I say that irl... Oh and dh knows if he gets me anything for "Sweetest Day" he will get punched, in the face, hard.
    I'm with you on this one.....I hate V day.  Too much pink and red mixed together plus, ever since I went to buy a bouquet of flowers to have on my table and realized how much more expensive things are on 2/14 compared to other days of the year, I have hated it even more.  I told Dh if he can't show me he loves me the other 364 days of the year...........
    We got engaged on Valentine's Day and that is the only year I think we've ever done anything "for Valentine's Day".  

We also never get each other birthday presents.  I think it's just because we're lazy and neither of us seem to care.

Although, I wouldn't mind receiving a bouquet of flowers just once in my life.
    MH has some romantic "PTSD" from his ex who demanded flowers, teddy bears, etc from him at every opportunity, so he pretty much won't do any of those things. It works well for me because I like his naturally romantic side better (he got me a heart rate monitor for our first valentines day together and I made him a bouquet of vegetables). But flowers are one thing that I would still love to have. They just look so nice! In our 3+ years together he got me them once when someone was selling them at his office on v-day. I just get flowers for myself now. :)
    me too!  Although, I've wised up and I just plant nice cut flowers in my garden so I can save tons of money and have a pretty yard :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For the 15 years I've been with my husband, I've gotten flowers 4 times.

We don't buy gifts for each other as well.

Though we have come to the conclusion that we need to start doing Christmas gifts. Nothing crazy though.
  • DH is wonderful to me and will do anything I'd ask him to do and if he has an idea of something to do for me he'll go all out.  But most of the time he seems to need a lot of hints! Haha.  And I don't need flowers all the time because I wouldn't want to spend the money.  But just once, ya know?

@Mapleme I'll send you flowers on your birthday if you send me some on mine ;)
  • Re flowers and gifts, I'd be happy with a card.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have another one.  I don't think it's necessary to use proper capitalization or apostrophes while texting.  But I do with everyone except DH so I annoy others because I seem to be one of the few people who feel like this.

But I always do my best to use correct spelling and other punctuation.  Ignoring those rules just make your message hard to read.
  • SkeemerSkeemer member
    edited January 2014
    bookitup said:
    Skeemer said:

It probably isn't an UO here but IRL I see it all the freakin' time.

UO:

If it's cold enough for me to wear a coat then my kid needs a coat/hat too. I get that sometimes a child just won't cooperate or there might be something about your life/child/etc that I'm not seeing. But at least throw a blanket over your child's head before making a 1/2 mile trek into Publix in 7 degree weather. It's cold & I don't care if my toddler is furious bc he's wearing a coat. He's GOING to wear a coat.

I saw a woman with a baby in Target last week, and the baby didn't even have on socks. It was barely 30 degrees outside. I wanted to punch the woman in the face and steal her baby.
    You guys are making me so nervous about my parenting! I don't put a coat on E in the car because I thought it was dangerous with the extra bulk (I do put a jacket over his long-sleeve shirts though) and I always cover him up with a blanket. A lot of times I'll just run him into the store quick with a blanket over him. He's usually wearing a hat and jacket, but no coat. Are you all side-eying me?!

@bookitup

See my bolded quote above. :) Also a "Coat" to me is any sort of jacket/hoodie/sweater/coat item.

I'm seriously talking the people that don't use a blanket, no hat, & etc. but instead their child is basically wearing a wife beater & shorts in 7 degree weather. Sometimes it is quicker to put a hat & thick blanket over DS2 than to spend 10 minutes making him put on a coat in the freezing cold after he gets out of his car seat.

@unaveragejane

A guy once told me that his baby's feet were ice cold but the baby didn't want to wear socks. Okay, I get that part. We can't control our babies kicking socks off 100% of the time. But his next sentence killed me. "His feet are really cold but it doesn't seem to bother him." REALY?! Does being really cold bother you? It does me. So it probably bothers the baby but the baby has no voice. *sigh*

ETA: What gets me is that the parents will be dressed in mittens, sweat pants, winter boots, hat, & scarf. Meanwhile little one is in a onesie. Okay, that was dramatic but you get what I'm saying. Lol

• Skeemer said:
    bookitup said:
    Skeemer said:

UO:

If it's cold enough for me to wear a coat then my kid needs a coat/hat too. I get that sometimes a child just won't cooperate or there might be something about your life/child/etc that I'm not seeing. But at least throw a blanket over your child's head before making a 1/2 mile trek into Publix in 7 degree weather. It's cold & I don't care if my toddler is furious bc he's wearing a coat. He's GOING to wear a coat.

I saw a woman with a baby in Target last week, and the baby didn't even have on socks. It was barely 30 degrees outside. I wanted to punch the woman in the face and steal her baby.
    You guys are making me so nervous about my parenting! I don't put a coat on E in the car because I thought it was dangerous with the extra bulk (I do put a jacket over his long-sleeve shirts though) and I always cover him up with a blanket. A lot of times I'll just run him into the store quick with a blanket over him. He's usually wearing a hat and jacket, but no coat. Are you all side-eying me?!

@bookitup

See my bolded quote above. :) Also a "Coat" to me is any sort of jacket/hoodie/sweater/coat item.

I'm seriously talking the people that don't use a blanket, no hat, & etc. but instead their child is basically wearing a wife beater & shorts in 7 degree weather. Sometimes it is quicker to put a hat & thick blanket over DS2 than to spend 10 minutes making him put on a coat in the freezing cold after he gets out of his car seat.

@unaveragejane

A guy once told me that his baby's feet were ice cold but the baby didn't want to wear socks. Okay, I get that part. We can't control our babies kicking socks off 100% of the time. But his next sentence killed me. "His feet are really cold but it doesn't seem to bother him." REALY?! Does being really cold bother you? It does me. So it probably bothers the baby but the baby has no voice. *sigh*

ETA: What gets me is that the parents will be dressed in mittens, sweat pants, winter boots, hat, & scarf. Meanwhile little one is in a onesie. Okay, that was dramatic but you get what I'm saying. Lol

We were at the beach in  June but it was chilly in the evening on the boardwalk.  I had a hoodie and jeans and was chilly.  I saw parents with hoodies on and a baby barefoot in the stroller in a onesie.

So, it's ok to not put the baby in a snowsuit every time we go out?  MIL insisted we need a snowsuit because he'd be cold.  We have a heavily lined fleece one and a fleece carseat cover and he is always sweaty when we get him out but she made me feel like putting a blanket over him under the cover wouldn't be enough.
  • @shan417 - Snowsuits can be really dangerous in car seats, just like heavy coats. The batting inside of them can compress if you're in a car wreck, apparently enough that babies have been known to fly out of their seats. I'd stick with the blanket and layers. It's easier to avoid baby overheating that way, too. So yeah, tell MIL that Jane says to hold her tongue and let you parent. :p

• Skeemer said:
    bookitup said:
    Skeemer said:

UO:

@bookitup

@unaveragejane

Coat and jacket are the same thing to me too.
  • @shan417 - Snowsuits can be really dangerous in car seats, just like heavy coats. The batting inside of them can compress if you're in a car wreck, apparently enough that babies have been known to fly out of their seats. I'd stick with the blanket and layers. It's easier to avoid baby overheating that way, too. So yeah, tell MIL that Jane says to hold her tongue and let you parent. :p
    It's not thick enough that it can compress very much.  It's more like a thick blanket or hoodie than a ski jacket, but it still worries me a little.  I'm always nervous about him overheating in the car too though with that many layers.  Plus it's a pain to put on. :P

If I put a hoodie on him and a blanket over his legs and chest and use our fleece cover and a hat is that warm enough when it's less than 10 degrees out? 

• shan417 said:
    @shan417 - Snowsuits can be really dangerous in car seats, just like heavy coats. The batting inside of them can compress if you're in a car wreck, apparently enough that babies have been known to fly out of their seats. I'd stick with the blanket and layers. It's easier to avoid baby overheating that way, too. So yeah, tell MIL that Jane says to hold her tongue and let you parent. :p
    It's not thick enough that it can compress very much.  It's more like a thick blanket or hoodie than a ski jacket, but it still worries me a little.  I'm always nervous about him overheating in the car too though with that many layers.  Plus it's a pain to put on. :P

If I put a hoodie on him and a blanket over his legs and chest and use our fleece cover and a hat is that warm enough when it's less than 10 degrees out? 

Holey cow, honey! I don't know what would be warm enough in that weather. You need to move! :p

• MIl has been thrifting which is fine, but she doesn't pay attention to sizes. She bought Jo who was 2 months at the time, a 12 month starfish poofy winter jacket thing. I hope next year it doesn't fit so I don't have to deal with it. I don't care how cute and fluffy it is, I'm sweating just looking at it. I can't use it with the car seat, and it just looks ridiculous.

Best part is, MIL thought we could use it this winter even though it was big. Um there is a difference between 1 size to big and her suffocating in it because it's too big...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• shan417 said:
    @shan417 - Snowsuits can be really dangerous in car seats, just like heavy coats. The batting inside of them can compress if you're in a car wreck, apparently enough that babies have been known to fly out of their seats. I'd stick with the blanket and layers. It's easier to avoid baby overheating that way, too. So yeah, tell MIL that Jane says to hold her tongue and let you parent. :p

Holey cow, honey! I don't know what would be warm enough in that weather. You need to move! :p
    Haha! It has been -0 here several days this week.  We haven't left our bedrooms and spaceheater.
  • shan417shan417 member
    edited January 2014
    Ok, I don't feel so crazy now!  That is totally what I planned on doing before he was born but then i thought I must have been wrong to think that.
  • shan417 said:
    Ok, I don't feel so crazy now!  That is totally what I planned on doing before he was born but then i thought I must have been wrong to think that.

I usually do onesie, warm sleeper, hat. Then I buckle him in. A & A blanket on his legs and feet. And then I cover the seat with a heavier blanket from the house to the car. If it's really cold I use the fuzzy full body and hood carters suit with lighter layers below. I used a car seat cover once with my daughter, it was way too warm for her.
  • I'm probably one of those parents.  I'm always cold but Jase always seems really warm and sweaty usually after a nap in a swaddle so I never know what to go by.
  • And "CD" instead of "CDing"

I suppose a certain thread is driving you nuts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Lol I think it's 2 actually...

ETA k I think there were 3 maybe. I can't find one. But one especially. OMG.

Now you have me curious...
  • Look at the post titles.
    Where are the CD? Who loves CD? How many CD do I need? (That's all I can do or my brain will explode)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Now when one says "I love CD" does one mean "I love cloth diapers" or "I love cloth diapering"?

Bc that's really two totally different things.

There's a third. They could me both. After all I love cloth diapering my kids and love the cloth diapers that I use.
  • Now when one says "I love CD" does one mean "I love cloth diapers" or "I love cloth diapering"?

Bc that's really two totally different things.

When in doubt, write it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"