March 2014 Moms

Amanda Knox found guilty again

https://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/30/22507219-amanda-knox-convicted-of-murder-in-italian-retrial?lite

I've been following this story since almost the beginning.  I very saddened by the guilty verdict again.  Every justice system has flaws, but this case was so flawed from the beginning, it's like a modern day witch hunt.  The prosecutions' theories made no sense, and now this time around they even changed their theory on the motive behind the killing.  How can anything they say be taken seriously?  I am deeply saddened for Meredith and her family, they must have been through hell and back these past six years, but IMO they have their killer in jail and his DNA was all over the place.  One young life has already been taken, it's time to stop ruining the lives of two more.  I hear conflicting things on whether or not the US will extradite her back to Italy if the conviction sticks (she can appeal again) but it must be so scary for her to know it's still not over, and returning to prison is still a very real possibility.  Not to mention her ex-boyfriend who will be going back to jail for certain since he is an Italian citizen.  What are your thoughts?
Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: Amanda Knox found guilty again

• I agree with you completely. So sad to hear this :(

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • I have followed it too...so sad for her!
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sad for her and all those involved. I totally agree with OP.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I haven't really followed the case, but I don't think the US will extradite...she's already been to trial once, it goes against our laws to try her again for the same crime.
    imageimage 
  • I don't feel bad for her because I don't know if she is innocent.. I'm not happy for the verdict because I don't know that she is guilty..

I do however feel that she had been given and is continuing to receive a what we call "due process". I am sure the process is flawed but so is ours. There are issues with interrogations and the handling of evidence which are all issues present in our legal system. No system is perfect but if we expect other countries to respect our system we have to respect theirs. If someone from another country came here and was convicted of murder we would expect them to serve their sentence and the same should be expected there.
  • I've followed it somewhat closely and based on the "evidence" I agree that the case against her wasn't strong, and the Italian police and "justice" system both are totally sketchy.

However, I don't feel really strongly about this case because every time I see her, and especially after she did all those interviews for her book last year, I just don't have a good feeling about her. While I don't know if she really killed Meredith, she still doesn't "seem" innocent.  There's just something not right about her.  That said, I don't think she should be sent back to serve time.

BTW, if you are interested in this kind of stuff, I highly recommend the book "The Monster of Florence" by Douglas Preston. It's non-fiction about a serial killer in Florence, Italy...and a lot of the "characters" in the Knox case also are key players in this case.  It's an awesome read.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"