April 2014 Moms

Breastfeeding is now required...

Men can now sue their wives if they don't breastfeed for 2 years in UAE. WTF is all I can say about this.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/30/united-arab-emirates-breastfeeding-law_n_4689740.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding is now required...

• So much of this is insane! One, required?? Two, two years? WTF indeed!
  • Loading the player...
  • WOW but not surprised...its the Middle East...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Did anyone let them know it's 2014? Maybe if they knew it's 2014...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow....insane.

Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

• Ye gods - wet nurses will be used if a woman is unable to breastfeed?  Good lord!

• Wow...crazy! However I wish the USA would make more strides in making it more reasonable for working mothers here to be able to BF or pump. The new laws are great about providing ample time and space to pump, but in reality don't work very well for many woman and places of employment don't make it very easy to do :/ 
  • Yeah I read that yesterday and was shocked but then realized its really not that surprising. Those poor women.

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• poru said:
    SOOOOOOO what I want to know --- if they are required to BF for 2 years, are they allowed to nurse in public?   Cause that seems like a lot of skin showing.
    Good point!  I want the answer to this too.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Oh the middle east. I remember I almost took an audition in Qatar because the pay was awesome and it looked all beautiful. Then I read (among other things) that maternity leave was 24 hours. I am sure this new law in UAE is TAME compared to the other laws that legislate what women can and can't do there. Very sad that men are so afraid of women then have the legislate them in to submission. 
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Men can now sue their wives if they don't breastfeed for 2 years in UAE. WTF is all I can say about this.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/30/united-arab-emirates-breastfeeding-law_n_4689740.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
  • poru said:

SOOOOOOO what I want to know --- if they are required to BF for 2 years, are they allowed to nurse in public?   Cause that seems like a lot of skin showing.

Men and women don't spend a lot of time co mingling in the Middle East. Women do BF in public, and it is really not seen as taboo, as breast are really not seen as sexual over there. The Koran already states women will BF for 2 years, so I really don't think this is a huge change. As a side note recieving an adoptive mothers milk in Muslim countries is the only way to be granted family rights and inheritance.
  • I'd sue back for pain and suffering during labor ;)
  • Oh good, that's where I'm about to move to!!!
  • No pressure there...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • I hate that for the women there. I thought it was bad enough here! I couldn't BF my son and total strangers would come up to me and reprimand me when they noticed I was giving him formula, and my dr was so less than helpful. It really made me feel like shit! To have THAT kind of pressure is just tragic. When are women going to be able to dictate what they do with their own bodies?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's crazy.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Considering in some countries in that area don't allow women to drive cars, this isn't shocking at all.
    First we had you.

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• Are these women allowed to work? Who would be paying the money from suing them??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"