March 2012 Moms
Options

18 month undies

Apparently, the clothing manufacturers have decided that toddlers on the smaller side don't need to be potty trained and have underwear.

I wanted to buy DD a package of underwear because I thought it would help give her motivation with the potty training. Problem being, she just finally moved into 18m clothing. All underwear starts at 2T/3T.  Going to be far too big for her. Even looking online I can't find much. What I can find is more than I pay for my own underwear. Not gonna happen.

I bet the same people who don't make small enough underwear are the same ones that decided I should be able to find snow boots small enough, find any snow boot in Maine in January (I can find sandals though), and can't find sun hats in August (but plenty of Halloween costumes and snow suits).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: 18 month undies

• Options
    I could try to shrink them but I never seem to have luck with that. All I really have available to be is a Walmart unless I mail order. Which I'm trying to avoid.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    I had this exact problem. I found a solution though! There are some underwear that says 2T but it also has the weight listed. The smallest I could ever find was 25-30 pounds. Well I had looked everywhere, and gave up and just bought those. They were big at first but now they fit pretty good after a couple of washes. (We just weighted DD and she was at 23.9 lbs.) I know one brand was ST.Eve. I will try to post the name of the other pair when DD wakes up from her nap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found some online. I know you want to avoid, but amazon has some: https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Baby-Girls-Infant-Training-Pants/dp/B0081MQLGG/ref=pd_cp_ba_1
  • Options
    @kaleb87- Thanks!

@LilNunz1- I have those in my cart already and am planning on buying them but I am having a hard time finding actual underwear not training pants. :/

• Options
    @countrygrl5533 - what's the difference if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Real underwear is thinner. Training pants are just cloth Pull-Ups basically. They will be good for awhile but I know that DD is going to want real undies. I doubt she will be in 2T until fall and I'm really hoping to have her potty trained by spring.

• Options
    The other brand is just Disney. They actually have more of an elastic fit than the St.eve. I bought the Disney ones at Meijer. I think they were around $10??? I had originally bought the exact same pack at Kohls and they were twice as much there, so I definitely returned them to Kohls.
  • Options
    We put DD in the Gerber 2T training pants when shew was in 18 month clothes and they worked out fine. They aren't thick enough to be like a pull up (so if she has an accident she will absolutely feel it and it will still make a mess on the floor). They really helped us with potty training.
  • Options
    @countrygrl5533 DD is tiny as well (barely 18lbs). We just bought Disney underwear from target that said 2T but they fit her ok after one wash and shrinking. The thighs are looser but they fit her waist fine and definitely don't fall down.

https://m.target.com/p/7-pack-underwear-little-girls-minnie-mouse-by-handcraft/-/A-13347714
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto to @significant. Those are the exact Disney ones that we bought at Meijer.
  • Options
    Update: I check WM while I was there today. The Hanes 2T/3T ones have a weight of 20-27lbs. So they will fit. Yay!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"