April 2014 Moms

Fit Moms Friday!

How are we doing 3rd Trimester mamas? Anyone else finding themselves a bit more limited now? 

Fit Mom Friday is a fun way to help us on our healthy pregnancy goals. Fit is whatever it means to you!

So, if you're willing, please share: 
How Far Along Are you:
Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share):
Week's Successes:
Week's Challenges:
Questions/Anything Else You Want to Share:

GTKY: What is your favorite season for where you live? Why?

Have a beautiful Friday!
TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

Re: Fit Moms Friday!

• How Far Along Are you:  30 weeks
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share):  stay active for myself and baby
    Week's Successes:  Worked out one day this week (I've been sick)
    Week's Challenges:  Being sick and not sleeping well
    Questions/Anything Else You Want to Share:  I got a fitbit one this week and I've been tracking my steps :) 

GTKY: What is your favorite season for where you live? Why?FALL :)  I love all the foods and the colors!
  • How far along: 30 weeks tomorrow!  XD

Health/fitness goal: Stay as active as possible so delivery and recovery are (hopefully) easier.

Week's successes: Made myself do some strength exercises that I haven't done in the last six months and attempted ring muscle ups at my Crossfit box.  Ate (mostly) healthy snacks.

Week's challenges: Still getting over a cold so cardio/working out has been a no-go.  Also: recognizing that I'm actually hungry!  The baby must be getting bigger and squishing my stomach because I fluctuate from not being hungry at all to suddenly being so starving that I'm nauseated.  No nice in-between time.

Questions/anything else: My midwife hasn't shown any concern at all, but I haven't gained much weight and I feel like I'm not necessarily eating enough calories (or healthy calories) throughout the day.  But because of the above lack of hunger, I haven't really been able to make myself eat more or else I get acid reflux.  Anyone else struggling with this?

GTKY: Spring and fall!  I love the smell of a fresh spring rain, and the PA fall hardwoods are gorgeous :-).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How Far Along Are you: 31weeks+

Week's Successes: I've made it to the gym a few times and more or less ate healthy
    Week's Challenges: Just pure exhaustion and the desire to only eat simple sugars
    kangstadt I've been getting nauseous from reflux, so I eat a bit, then get reflux and then get nauseous. It's a vicious cycle. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season for where you live? Why? I actually love all of the seasons and it's one of the reasons why I love living in New England
    ~Chrissy 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How Far Along Are you: 28 weeks, 2 days

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Stay active and eat healthfully 

Week's Successes: Definitely been focusing on healthy-eating, cooking up lots of veggies and feeling like my old self again. Granted, I did have pie yesterday, but I don't feel bad about it in the least. Also, just had my f/u ultrasound yesterday and I am officially off pelvic rest--so I'm super excited to get moving and exercising again. 

Week's Challenges: I actually feel really good about this week. 

Questions/Anything Else You Want to Share: Now that I'm officially in the third trimester, I'm really starting to freak out about labor. Yikes. So, I'm really grateful I can begin exercising again to mitigate some of this crazy anxiety. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season for where you live? Why? Spring and summer! I love when the city is in bloom with rainbow-colored flowers and all the streets look lush under canopies of trees. Really missing that right now in the dead of winter. 

• How Far Along Are you: 30 weeks
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): just trying to stay in shape, keep the gestational diabetes under control, and to help with labor
    Week's Successes: I worked out everyday since last Friday. Did the Bar Method everyday but Thursday including two level 2 classes, did two prenatal yoga classes, had a couple of 3 mile plus walks and yesterday swam 2/3 of a mile in 30 minutes...HUZZAH!!
    Week's Challenges: no fitness challenges but a new French bakery JUST opened and is taunting me with the smell of fresh croissants...stupid gestational diabetes, my blood counts are super low but no need to push my luck
    Questions/Anything Else You Want to Share: nope!

GTKY: What is your favorite season for where you live? Why? Fall! It's still warm enough that I don't need a coat and the leves are so pretty. Plus apples and squash...YUM!
  • How far along: 29w5d

Health/fitness goal: Stay as active as possible so delivery and recovery are easier and faster (I hope)

Week's successes: I've been eating well! I worked out everyday this week. Fitness videos (Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project, Suzanne Bowen's Long & Lean Prenatal Workout)...

Week's challenges: I miss being on the bike a lot. I'm trying to find a riser stem or steartube extender...it's difficult. I might go walk on the treadmill in my buildings gym, since there's too much snow/ice/coldness to do it outside. I do walk 3 miles round trip to work...Otherwise, I'm just so darn tired.

Questions/anything else: I put on quite a bit of weight in the beginning of the pregnancy. I think due to the fact that I was training for mountain bike races and abruptly stopped, so my body went into winter relax mode and packed on some weight. I've actually maintained my weight the last 4 weeks, which is good. And no concerns from my midwife, since I've gained over 20lbs so far...

GTKY: fall, I love the leaves, the temperature is great, and riding the mountain bike trails is amazing! I missed it SO MUCH this past fall. 
    image image

BabyFruit Ticker

• So, if you're willing, please share: 
    How Far Along Are you: 28 weeks
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Just to stay active and healthy
    Week's Successes: made it to the gym 4 days and did 2.5-3 miles on elliptical each time
    Week's Challenges: no energy!
    Questions/Anything Else You Want to Share: being HR my doc has limited me to only slow, low impact and no lifting weights...so  I am getting bored but continue on. My blood pressure is better than it has ever been even pre-pregnancy. I ended up with pre-e 2 days AFTER giving birth with my first child which I didn't even know could happen!

GTKY: What is your favorite season for where you live? Why? I live in Central NY and I love the fall. It is just so beautiful and the temperature is usually still pretty mild and a great time to be outside! 

• How far along: 29w5d

Health/fitness goal: Stay as active as possible so delivery and recovery are easier and faster (I hope)

Week's successes: I've been eating well! I worked out everyday this week. Fitness videos (Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project, Suzanne Bowen's Long & Lean Prenatal Workout)...

Week's challenges: I miss being on the bike a lot. I'm trying to find a riser stem or steartube extender...it's difficult. I might go walk on the treadmill in my buildings gym, since there's too much snow/ice/coldness to do it outside. I do walk 3 miles round trip to work...Otherwise, I'm just so darn tired.

Questions/anything else: I put on quite a bit of weight in the beginning of the pregnancy. I think due to the fact that I was training for mountain bike races and abruptly stopped, so my body went into winter relax mode and packed on some weight. I've actually maintained my weight the last 4 weeks, which is good. And no concerns from my midwife, since I've gained over 20lbs so far...

GTKY: fall, I love the leaves, the temperature is great, and riding the mountain bike trails is amazing! I missed it SO MUCH this past fall. 

How do you like your workout videos?  I've got a couple that are okay but would like a little more variety :)
  • So happy it's Friday!

So, if you're willing, please share: 
    How Far Along Are you: 28 Weeks
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Healthy labor and delivery
    Week's Successes: Went to yoga twice and gone on some walks
    Week's Challenges: Contractions have scared me from being more active. Also I've been eating quite badly. Ugh. Need to get back on track!
    Questions/Anything Else You Want to Share: I have the glucose test today, and am nervous. I just found out low Vitamin D can substantially increase the risk of GD, and I've always had low Vitamin D.

GTKY: What is your favorite season for where you live? Why?
    Here in the southwest, spring is definitely my favorite. Weather is fantastic, things are blooming, and daylight is getting longer. 

Have a beautiful Friday!
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• How Far Along Are you: 31w 3d
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): remain in shape
    Week's Successes: I've worked out everyday but today...I'm a bit tired today. Had really good yoga practices and a few days of cardio.
    Week's Challenges: it's was a week since I practiced yoga and I knew that I would be tight...but it wasn't that bad and I'm not that sore.
    Questions/Anything Else You Want to Share: I had a craving for Mcdonalds vanilla milkshake for weeks...so after dinner last night hubby and I stopped there! we went out to eat to ruby Tuesdays but I was good and had their petite sirloin (379 calories) & a side of roasted spaghetti squash. It was a yummy treat!!!

GTKY: What is your favorite season for where you live? Why? I like late spring/ early summer. In may and June here we smell the honeysuckle everywhere in PA and it is just a wonderful time.
  • I'm going to join in this week...

31 weeks along
    Trying to keep in some vestige of shape in the hope of an easier delivery.
    I've gone on a walk or a bike ride every day this week, thanks to my dog.
    Haven't been doing my prenatal exercises... Supposed to be doing them four times a day and I don't think I've hit four times this week.  So unmotivated.

I've been having trouble with my appetite... I don't want to eat and with DH out of town, it seems like too much effort to make food for just me.  So I know I haven't been eating nearly enough.  At my last appointment I'd only gained half a pound.  If that continues for the next appointment, I may bring it up with the doctor.

Where I live right now?  I hate all seasons.  So winter would be my favorite because it's the only one that's not abominably hot and humid.  In places that have all four seasons, I prefer fall.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How Far Along Are you: 31 weeks

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): make healthy food choices & be as fit as possible for delivery and recovery

Week's Successes: 2 great workouts, although the definition of "great workout" has changed. Definitely feeling more limited now but working up a good sweat feels as good as ever. Pretty good food choices this week, cut carbs and back to normal fruit & veggie intake. 

Week's Challenges: tying my shoes... Ha! Still struggling to get as much protein as I should, and as soon as it cools I will be inhaling some red velvet cake with cream cheese icing :) 

Questions/Anything Else You Want to Share: I like this thread.

GTKY: What is your favorite season for where you live? Why? All except winter! Summer is by far the best because I'm off (teacher) and we love to be out on our boat.

imageimage
  • Cpelland0  - as much as it sucks, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I thought nausea and all that fun stuff was over and done with in the first trimester :-P.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"