Minnesota Babies

Attorney recommendation for will and what should be included?

I just recently learned one of the tasks entering parenthood is to get a will. I have no idea how to choose an attorney not even mention what should be included in the will. Any input will be appreciated.

Re: Attorney recommendation for will and what should be included?

• Where do you live? Do you have a lot of estate planning that needs to be incorporated (like you have a lot of money/property to address) or is it mostly just to determine custody of your kids? The local bar association is a good starting point for getting some names of lawyers to talk to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used the U of M legal services. They have staff attorneys and charged a super reasonable price. We were very happy with them - and you don't need to be a student to use them.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • michellelclmichellelcl member
    edited January 2014
    @Kate_C, I live in Twin cities, MN. Mostly to determine custody of our child if anything happen to us. @blckwhtyllwgirl, my husband goes to U of M part time and didn't know they have this service. We will check it out. Thank you!
  • Hennepin county bar association could probably also help, but the U is a great idea for a simple will. Good luck!
  • I am an attorney in the cities, and if I were going to use someone it would be Goldman Law Offices. Craig is really down to earth and doesn't give you a ton of things you don't need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"