TTC After a Loss

Friday Throat Punch

Daily vents, frustrations, annoyances, etc. go here.

Re: Friday Throat Punch

• Throat punch to my ex, who has decided to run around various social media sites announcing that I am a "crazy whore". We ended our relationship almost three years ago - you think she would have better things to do with her time.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman - what a loser.  hopefully you're able to ignore it.
    @katieisoptimistic - ((HUGS))

TP to my boss and the legal industry in general.  Earlier this week an older male attorney insulted and belittled me, then me told that my professional opinions don't matter  -   all of this on a conference call with two other male attorneys present.  I bit my tongue, but let my boss know that this attorney only wants my boss's opinions from now on and not mine. 

My boss's reaction?  "Unfortunately that's how it works in big law firms.  Guys like that have no respect for younger, female attorneys." 
    Me:  "ok, but I will only bite my tongue for so long. If it gets bad enough, I will demand that he speak to me with respect." 
    Boss:  "um... no.  This is just how it is.  Keep biting your tongue."

What fucking decade is this?!!?

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • @kboydbowman Wow. She needs to move on.
    @kateisoptimistic Sorry you had to see that. ((Hugs))
    @drgn30 That is unbelievable. It's bad enough that the other attorney treated you like that, even worse that your boss said that it's ok.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• @katieisoptimistic ((Hugs)) love, that is a bunch of BS. 
    @kboydbowman Wow, she sound cray cray. Sorry you are dealing with that. 
    @Drgn30 WTF?! I would have lost it if anyone said anything like that to me! ((Hugs)) love. I am available to kick some ass if need be. 

TP to the people that are taking their sweet time about H's potential job. I realize the state has been shut down for the last three days but sheesh! We are both getting antsy and really, really, REALLY need to know something!! I wonder if I can convince DH to call them.....
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• @katieisoptimistic - that sucks.  Sorry to hear, it still happens to me on occasion.

@drgn30 - It's way too common in our field, I agree.  I wouldn't bother with HR unless it's really severe since it's likely only to enhance the problem and burn some bridges (personal experience on that one, trust me).  If it was an adversary that talked to me that way, I wouldn't hold my tongue.  Inside the firm though the politics can be dicey.  Good luck!!

BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• @kboydbowman and @Drgn30 - Are your ex and your boss related to each other? Because they both sound like reeeeaaaalll AAAAA-hhooolleess.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • TP to my twin sister (again) who had the nerve to text me and ask if today would be a good day for her to announce her pregnancy on FB. Yes, the day after I found out I'm having a second miscarriage is the perfect day, thanks for asking!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• TP to my twin sister (again) who had the nerve to text me and ask if today would be a good day for her to announce her pregnancy on FB. Yes, the day after I found out I'm having a second miscarriage is the perfect day, thanks for asking!

I am so sorry she is like this with you. She needs a group TP!
    ((Hugs))

• Don't you all feel like this process is 2 steps forward 8 steps back? Calgon take me away....

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"