Baby Names
Options

WDYT of these... Mason or Jaxon? HONEST?!

So apparently i didn't do too well with the choices of my girl names of Bailey or Brielle which is fine cuz I've started to really love Sophia, Avery, and Harper but for a boy (were only 6 weeks, EDD September 25) we like Mason and Jaxon. I really love the middle name Liam as well.... opinions please? It's ok... I can take it. Lol. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions in advance!!

If Jaxon do you like it that way or Jaxson?

Also I have a 2 year old Daughter and her name is Brinley.

Re: WDYT of these... Mason or Jaxon? HONEST?!

• Options

I prefer Liam over either of those, and Mason over Jaxon or Jaxson.

If it was Jackson, then I'd prefer it over Mason. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    SuperMom17SuperMom17 member
    edited January 2014
    I hate the whole Jaxon craze... Over it in any form. Overdone and just not a great name. Mason is better but soooo popular.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mason is a cute name. Pretty popular, but I could still like it.

I'm sorry to do this again but I don't like Jaxon. The Jaxson spelling is even worse. I would prefer it spelled Jackson, but I still don't like it because it feels reeeeeeally overdone.

I'd vote Mason and Sophia. 

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Jaxon is sooooo bad.

Mason Liam/Liam Mason is good! I really like Liam Mason.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ditto.

I cringe every time I see another Jaxson, Jaxson pop up - and sadly, it is frequently.

Jackson would be fine but so so so so overdone. Actually, Mason is equally so so so overdone.

I like Liam and wouldn't bat an eye at Liam Jackson.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No to Jaxon or any other spelling of it. Mason isn't bad. Love the name Liam.
  • Options
    bobceebobcee member
    edited January 2014
    Don't like any form if Jaxon and it is so popular and trendy right now which makes me dislike it more. Mason is also so popular and I really don't get the appeal. Liam is my favorite but still pretty trendy right now so I personally wouldn't use it.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Options
    September 25 is my birthday :)

I like Jackson better than Mason, but only spelled like "Jackson." If it's between Jaxon and Mason, then my vote goes to Mason.
    Me: 27   DH: 28
    Married: November 2015
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, but I am SO sick of Jackson and Mason. Mason is better than Jackson though, and anything is better than Jaxon/Jaxson...why would you spell it like that??

I agree with PPs that Liam Mason is the nicest option of these names. Mason Liam isn't too bad though. 
  • Options
    Mason and Harper get my vote.
  • Options
    I like Mason, even if it is popular. 
    Other names kind of the same style: Sawyer, Logan, Austin 

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a GIRL! EDD 2.6.15

• Options

I like Mason for you.  I can't advocate another Jaxon/ Jaxson or even Jackson.

Sophia Haper would be a lovely name for a little girl!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Both are top 5 names, when all spellings of Jackson are combined it is actually #2, where I live (Alberta) when all are combined it rises to #1 by over 100 babies which is why everyone is saying it's so overdone. I do prefer the traditional spelling of Jackson though, his NN can still be Jax.

• Options
    I much prefer Jackson to Jaxon. I think it will age much better.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I like Mason and I can tolerate Jackson but not Jaxon. It even sounds different in my head. Here in Atlanta every other kid is name Jackson so it's not like I think it's a horrible name, but it's trendy as hell. Same with Sophia. I have an Avery so I like that name and I really like Harper!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

So apparently i didn't do too well with the choices of my girl names of Bailey or Brielle which is fine cuz I've started to really love Sophia, Avery, and Harper but for a boy (were only 6 weeks, EDD September 25) we like Mason and Jaxon. I really love the middle name Liam as well.... opinions please? It's ok... I can take it. Lol. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions in advance!!

If Jaxon do you like it that way or Jaxson?

Also I have a 2 year old Daughter and her name is Brinley.

okay, lets talk .

Bailey, Avery & Harper are boys names . Point blank .
    Sophia is way too common for me .
    Brielle is eh, but the best you have from the girls names .
    Mason is common, but the best you have for boys.
    Jaxon/Jaxson is terrible . Jackson is great & the MN of my soon to be LO .
    Liam is awesome for a MN.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I prefer Jackson or Jason. But I would vote Mason, based on what you have. Mason Liam is a good name :)
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• Options
    I don't really love Mason, Jackson, or Liam, which are all very popular, but they're all right, just NMS.  If you use Jackson, please for the love of all the is holy spell it correctly.  Jaxon is misspelled, and Jaxson is misspelled in a way that doesn't even make sense.  The s sound is already in x.  I can only think of one word in the English language that has -xs- in that order, and it has legit etymological reasons to be spelled that way.  I hate Jaxson.  Hate hate hate it with the burning fire of a thousand suns.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I like Harper and Sophia best of your girl names. Just like everyone else I can't even find nice words for Jaxon so I'll just leave it alone.

Mason isn't horrible but I know like 12 so it's extremely boring to me. Both Jackson and Mason are insanely popular. If you're looking for something different you're looking in completely the wrong place. If you go to namenerds.com they have a great chart of the popularity of names based on all spellings. Jackson is #2. So it doesn't matter the spelling he will have at least another Jackson in his class. Same with Mason at #5. Liam is less popular (still #10) but I think a great name. Just as a comparison, a "traditional" name like Thomas is #71. Just statistically you will find 4 Jacksons 4 Masons before you find another Thomas. If you want something actually less common check out that site.
  • Options
    It depends how you feel about names being super popular. I personally stay away from the super popular ones because my name is Sarah and I grew up with a billion other Sarahs born in the 80s and it never felt like my name was very special.  There were so many Sarahs in my high school that I stopped turning around when someone called the name Sarah because most of the time they weren't referring to me.

If you don't care how popular a name is then, go with what sounds good to you and your DH.  But, I would echo what others are saying above and say it is better to use the traditional spelling because you want a name to age well.
  • Options
    I really like Mason and isn't popular enough to bother me. Mason Liam has an okay flow to it... I can think of others that would flow better, though: Mason William, Mason Lucas...

I am getting a little tired of hearing Jackson, but I do think it's a good name. I would not spell it Jaxon or Jaxson... Those are so bad and it makes no sense to do.
  • Options

Sorry but as a mom of a Jackson I have to say I cringe at the Jaxon spelling.   It just screams to me trying too hard to be cool and also very immature in a sense.  

I would chose Mason over Jaxon but  Jackson over Mason..   I also really like Liam

• Options

Sorry, but I am SO sick of Jackson and Mason. Mason is better than Jackson though, and anything is better than Jaxon/Jaxson...why would you spell it like that??

I agree with PPs that Liam Mason is the nicest option of these names. Mason Liam isn't too bad though. 
    only reason is because my husband really likes it.

• Options

Sick of both honestly. That spelling of Jackson is terrible. Please spell it correctly if you do choose that name.

Lol. Wow. Ok.
  • Options

I like Mason, but I absolutely hate Jaxon or Jaxson.  If you like that name, why not just spell it Jackson?  You can still call him Jax as a nn, if you want.  Jaxon looks so made-up & trendy.

I was only considering spelling it that way cuz it's what my husband likes. After the Bailey/Brielle thing I kinda knew what to expect for that one :-/ I actually like Jackson better but to be honest I love Mason even more.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I like Mason and Liam. Jackson is fine but I too hate the spellings Jaxon and Jaxson. Jaxon looks like a brand of bleach to me (Javex, Clorox, Jaxon) and as a PP stated, Jaxson does not make phonetic sense. 

Sophia is my fave on your girl list, btw!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    MelRC117 said:

Jaxon is horrible, or any other version of the spelling with an "X" in it.  It's just silly.  It its between Mason and Jackson and I HAD to choose, I would go with Mason. 

It seems we do not have a similar style at all.  Your names are much more trendy and honestly, many are made up or boy names that turned into girl names. 

My vote for a girl name, hands down, no question would go to Sophia.

curious what is your style? Lol

• Options

Mason for sure. Jaxon is just a no. Jason would be nice. You have plenty of time though! you may not even like any of these choices come the end! 

Thank you for being polite with your response.
  • Options
    Liam. Liam is great!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I actually like Liam the most out of all of them.  I was all about Mason at one point, but then decided that it's cute for a little boy, but I could not picture calling a grown man "Mason."  I also think Jackson wouldn't be bad, but only if you spell it that way and not with an x.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Options
    Jaxon and Jaxson are horrible. I wouldn't use Sophia because it's so popular, but it's still a pretty name. 

• Options
    Liam is the best choice - I don't like the other ones, 
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Options
    Don't like Mason or Jaxon at all, but like Liam. If you do Jaxon, at least spell it Jackson.
  • Options
    Jaxon just looks stupid. Jaxson is redundant (the x makes the s completely unnecessary).

Mason is just played. Seriously sick of it. Liam Mason wouldn't be terrible.
  • Options
    Thanks for your options everyone!!
  • Options
    Liam or Jackson (spelled correctly).  The others are horrible. 
  • Options
    I'm partial to Mason because that is my DS name. :) When we named him it wasn't popular at all and we had never heard of, or met, anyone named Mason. Then all of a sudden it became everyone's pick! But truthfully, we still have never ever met or heard of anyone else being named Mason, which is a relief. So don't think that just because it's popular that every kid on the playground will have that name. ;)

As far as Jaxson/Jaxon or even just Jackson goes... No. Just no. Lol.

Good luck on baby naming! I'm 36 + 1 and we still don't have a name for our son! :(
  • Options
    Only Liam.
    Me-Caciona (30) DH- Dave (41) 9/27/08
    Mommy to Nils David since 9/21/11
    Expecting Serafina Ann  around 4/23/2014

• Options
    Liam and Mason are good. Jaxon and it's variants are awful.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"