March 2014 Moms

awesome day!

Had my 35 week appointment today and it went great! We went over my birth plan and my OB was cool with everything... baby's heart rate is good (and really cheered up DH after he'd had a rough day at work... aww!), seems to be head down, and now I'll be going every week! Holy cow! Time is flying!

I asked my OB if she does cervical checks every appointment from now on, and she said normally she does, but if I don't want them she doesn't mind not doing them. So I have the group B strep swab next week and then I can keep my pants on for the rest of my appointments unless I request a check.

Aaaaand, in two weeks I have an ultrasound. I always get excited to see LO, but also nervous since we're team green and I'm hoping we don't get flashed! Ha!

At the end of my appointment, DH said he had a question and my OB sat down to give him her full attention... He asked if it's normal for the baby to get hiccups all the time and if we should be tracking that kind of thing. It was ADORABLE. She explained why babies get hiccups in utero and told him that any amount is normal-whether it's multiple times a day or never at all. So now he can rest easy I suppose! :)

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 

Re: awesome day!

• He was very concerned! 8->

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • How sweet! It sounds like you have an awesome and an awesome OB!

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Awwww that sounds like such a good appointment!! I'm glad it all went well :)

DH comes out with some questions every now and again and some really good points which always take me by surprise! He worked with all men (farmers, mechanics, carpenters,etc) and they seem to all be excited about our LO and happy to pass on any hints and tips - I think this is a big thing for a guy to have as he feels more involved
  • Aww. Such a cute DH. I had a great appointment today too. Made my whole day just hearing her little heartbeat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awwwwwwwww!! So glad your appointment went well! And yes, SUPER cute about YH and the hiccups.

Our LO had hiccups last night. I told MH "put your hand here! He has hiccups!" he was skeptical but then the look on his face when he felt them.......::melts::

Uh, aren't you going to give us a cervix update? You know we're all on tenterhooks to know how far dilated you are. ;-)
  • How sweet of your H!
    Glad it all went well
  • That's heart meltingly adorable. I'm insanely jealous! My husband is just starting to get affectionate towards the belly...putting his hand there for no reason, or giving it a kiss. He's not a super affectionate person though, so I'm still excited about what I've got!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @pepperedmoth nobody gets to know the sex of my baby, and nobody gets to know about my cervix!

I'm an asshole like that. >:)

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • That's so adorable!!
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • Yay for a good appointment! Agree with PP such a cute question from your H!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"