September 2013 Moms
Options

The hardest part about daycare

The hardest part about daycare is: (apart from the obvious of leaving LO there)

Re: The hardest part about daycare

• Options
    The hardest part about daycare is: I don't let DD cry. I go to her as soon as she fusses. I hate knowing that she'll probably be left to cry for a few mins before someone can get to her (1 adult to 4 baby ratio). I'm sure it's good for her to learn a little patience but it still makes me sad :(.
  • Options

When they're short handed and put a new girl in your LO's room and she feeds your baby the WRONG BOTTLE!

There are two Jackson's in his room...my Jackson and a Jaxon. Both LO's bottles were labled with their names. No excuses.

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

When they're short handed and put a new girl in your LO's room and she feeds your baby the WRONG BOTTLE!

There are two Jackson's in his room...my Jackson and a Jaxon. Both LO's bottles were labled with their names. No excuses.

Ugh!! Someone else's breastmilk?! Or formula?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Formula.

My Jackson is on Similiac Sensitive and the other Jaxon is on soy. Thankfully there weren't any issues, but still. NOT a happy mom here.

imageimageimage

• Options

Formula.

My Jackson is on Similiac Sensitive and the other Jaxon is on soy. Thankfully there weren't any issues, but still. NOT a happy mom here.

Yah that could've been really bad though if there were any allergies or intolerances to each others' formula. I'd be peeved.

• Options
    The confusion. It just seems like we are always missing bottle parts or something. Just the other day, E had a blowout so they put his clothes in a bag. But when I went to go wash them, the pants were missing and I forgot to ask about them yesterday. Even if we find them (which is doubtful), they will be ruined. I'm trying to remember to check for everything but after a long day, I'm just hoping for the best.

On a positive note, the best thing about daycare is when I pick him up. I just love how excited he gets to see me, especially if I have had a difficult day at work.
  • Options

I will say that I appreciated the director waiting for me when I arrived to explain herself what happened. She was extremely apologietic and I could tell she felt terrible.

And also what @zoly1103 said. The confusion.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Missing so much of his day. I have a really great babysitter, and I know she takes as good of care of him as I would, but I hate missing so much of his day. We are both exhausted by the time I get home.
  • Options
    Germs. And I have to confess... the other babies. The policy is 4 to 1, but for a while there she was the only baby so it was one on one, and we got spoiled with that. I miss those days. These new 2 little guys seem like they're crying ALL the time and mine doesn't nap well anymore. And the fact that I miss her smiles all day. 

@PrettyInPearls23 - I would be SO pissed. I know mistakes happen, but how hard is it when the bottles are all labeled? Jeez. 

imageimage

• Options
    cabusbey said:

The germs! Poor baby's been sick so much in her 5 months of life!

Exactly this. We are debating taking her out of it till march because she's been sick so much. And definitely the idea of someone else spending so much time with her other than us.
  • Options
    I don't really think my daycare understands breast-fed babies.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Picked DD up today and they gave her WATER!!! Said she was hungry and they used up all her milk. Uh, there's frozen milk in the freezer turkeys. Sigh. Not happy about it and will have to talk to then about it tomorrow.
  • Options
    @Adrd47 I'm not impressed. I know they didn't mean any harm but that was so wrong of them. I took dd to the doc right after (4 month appt) and told her about it and she said a big flat out NO. Also I told the daycare that there is a bottle of formula for emergency use only in the diaper bag.
  • Options
    Having to trust that someone else is doing the right thing for her all the time. 

Oh, and the lack of attention.  She is a very easy baby and I think that, because of that, she doesn't get as much attention as some of the needier kids. 

And last, the stress of trying to pump enough for her to eat and then trusting that they are not overfeeding her or wasting any of my milk!
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options
    I agree with the confusion.  Including LO there are 5 girls with names that start with "L", and there are only 9 kids in the room total.  LO is Lilah and there is a Layla, so it seems like those 2 get confused sometimes.  Plus everyone keeps pronouncing LO's name like Leela.  *sigh*  Luckily there haven't been any mishaps, but we did get the wrong sheet sent home with us yesterday that belonged to a different baby. 

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • Options
    I agree with a lot of what pp said. The germs and the fact that I know she has to cry more often there than at home. DD is sick for the third time since she started daycare. :(
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    Germs for us too, first week a cold, then second a stomach virus now a cough. Ugh yuck! Plus I just miss her!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• Options
    I agree the germs! DS has been in daycare for 1.5 months and he has been sick twice already. He was diagnosed with RSV, Flu and an ear infection yesterday....poor baby I feel so bad.
    TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
  • Options
    SweetC80 said:

Our daycare has a strict zero tolerance policy on this. A teacher feed a baby the wrong bottle and she was fired. It was the baby's twin brother, but it didn't matter. They have a dual procedure where they have to show the bottle to another teacher and verbally agree that this bottle marked w/ this name is being fed to this baby.

I'm very sorry this happened.

Our daycare has the same policy when it comes to verifying baby and bottle. I would lose my mind if my baby was fed anything but what I brought for her. I too am sorry this happened to your LO.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"