Cloth Diapering

Rinsing out TTO?

DS2 and I have been battling thrush this week.  I bought TTO and GSE to use with his CDs.  I did my regular wash cycle first to clean them, then washed on warm with 25 drops each of GSE and TTO and did 3 cold rinses after.  The CDs still smell like TTO so I am worried it might be around enough on them to irritate his skin.  
Do I need to keep rinsing until the smell is gone?  Did I use too much TTO?  I have just pre-folds and RaR covers.
image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Rinsing out TTO?

• Nope you didn't use too much. You need that much to be sure you get rid of all the yeast. 

It usually takes us a good 4-5 rinses to get rid of the worst of the TTO smell. Even then there's sometimes a little tiny bit of lingering smell, but once they are dried it goes away.  G is super sensitive to GSE, and I've never had him react after 4-5 rinses.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Ok, thanks.  By the time I am done rinsing, they will have had 5 rinses, so I will dry and see how they smell then.  This yeast is such a PITA. 
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • Uhhh. Am I supposed to do a tto gfse wash separately after the first regular wash??!!!

Ugh. I've just been adding the tto and gfse oil to the wash with detergent.
  • Uhhh. Am I supposed to do a tto gfse wash separately after the first regular wash??!!! Ugh. I've just been adding the tto and gfse oil to the wash with detergent.

Yeah, I think you want to start with clean diapers.  Also I don't know what having detergent in there does to the TTO/GSE.  I would guess it makes it less effective.

image imageimageimage

• I remember reading somewhere that you are supposed to start with clean diapers, since the poop and detergent can make the GSE and TTO less effective. 
    image image

• Ahh. What a pain! No wonder this yeast rash is still lingering. I feel stupid now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"