May 2014 Moms

Protein Powder Recs

Any yummy recommendations for pregnancy?

Re: Protein Powder Recs

• A couple in my Bradley class recommended a non whey protein powder that is sold at Whole Foods Grocery store, I just wish I could remember the brand they suggested.  I won't see them again till next Tuesday I can ask them again then. 
  • Thank you :)

Hmm. So I'm guessing whey protein is not ideal. I'll have to look that up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Garden of Life Raw Protein - it is a one of the healthiest no addidtives, I buy it at Fred Meyer's. However, it's not yummy. It is actually gross. I drink it with almond milk every other day or so.

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• I like Nutribiotic Rice Protein or Source Naturals Pea Protien. Both blend into smoothies well without a lot of after taste. You can find them online!
  • Thank you :) Hmm. So I'm guessing whey protein is not ideal. I'll have to look that up!
    Its just you want to find a protein powder that doesn't have any extra additives and what not.  You aren't a body builder and so you don't need all the extra additives.  You just need simple protein.  One preferably aimed for simple and all natural. 
  • That makes sense. I just need something to add to what I get during the day as time doesn't always allow snacking.
  • Protein powders are really debatable. I will try to find the nutrition book that has information about it. Are you looking for a simple thing to have? Why are you thinking protein powders?
  • Garden of life raw protein (sold at whole foods or amazon)! Blend it with almond milk, strawberries, cacao powder & a banana (sometimes I add spinach too) - BAM, a healthy & delicious anytime smoothie :) but really it blends well with all fruit or just almond milk
  • I have a friend that swears by the Arbonne protein powder listed above. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"