Cloth Diapering

Fails and 'Tails

We haven't done one of these in a while.

DS just created a great fail for me. He's cutting another tooth, so he went from rabbit turds this morning to a toxic waste disaster diaper this afternoon. I thought I had gotten it all dealt with, wiped off, and sprayed when I happened to get a glimpse in the mirror of myself in the mirror. Somehow I had gotten a a 3 inch circle of poop on my shirt under my boobs. I completely couldn't see it without the mirror and have no idea how it got there. I'm really glad I noticed it, or I would have walked around all afternoon thinking I smelled a phantom odor.

Re: Fails and 'Tails

• I hate when that kind of stuff happens! I made it till lunch time at work once with a huge smear of graham cracker goo on my shoulder. And nobody said a word.
    I don't have a fail or a cocktail though really. Cloth just works too well. :)
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Yeah we haven't had any fails lately either. Yay cloth!! G has wiped his snot or dirty hands on my shirt a couple times now and I haven't noticed it till I got to work. It was awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • The only fail I've had recently is that I didn't think about what diaper I put on her the other night before bed. It was a minky.... Whoops I had to put new sheets on...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• CLLDLL said:
    Yeah we haven't had any fails lately either. Yay cloth!! G has wiped his snot or dirty hands on my shirt a couple times now and I haven't noticed it till I got to work. It was awesome.

Why do my babysitters think that just because DS doesn't smell, he doesn't need to be changed? It's not the first time they've watched him, cloth doesn't smell, and I've told them all before 2-3hr between changes....

So yes, it works to well because they don't smell.
  • I did a horrible job with a disposable and my kid had plumbers butt under his onsie. The leak wasn't pretty.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Apparently M's hit a growth spurt. While changing him out of a p&n today I realized he had plumber's butt. It was so cute! I finally had to undo the rise snaps. No leaks, though
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have a new kind of fail. DH has been away for work and the first thing he did when he got home was try to help me by doing diaper laundry. Pretty sure he forgot the pre-rinse and maybe the second rinse as well because when I opened the drier it smelled like cooked poop. If that wasn't fail enough, as I took them out of the drier and put them on the floor, the foster kitten staying with us came over and hopped on the diaper pile and must have thought the smell was reminiscent of her litter box because she proceeded to pee on some of them. Sigh. Big time strip was needed. Seems to have worked, but I definitely needed a cocktail after that one.

Omg I LLOL so hard at this.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I have a new kind of fail. DH has been away for work and the first thing he did when he got home was try to help me by doing diaper laundry. Pretty sure he forgot the pre-rinse and maybe the second rinse as well because when I opened the drier it smelled like cooked poop. If that wasn't fail enough, as I took them out of the drier and put them on the floor, the foster kitten staying with us came over and hopped on the diaper pile and must have thought the smell was reminiscent of her litter box because she proceeded to pee on some of them. Sigh. Big time strip was needed. Seems to have worked, but I definitely needed a cocktail after that one.

LLOL! WOW! You definetly need a cocktail after that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
    OMG @littleredfish, you win!

Put a beautiful TT on my LO's bum last night. No cover. 

• I didn't snap my FT as tightly as I usually do and we had some poop leak out the leg.  Nothing major, but I'm not admitting that one to the CD haters.
  • The only fail I've had recently is that I didn't think about what diaper I put on her the other night before bed. It was a minky.... Whoops I had to put new sheets on...
    I don't have any minky diapers, so I don't understand why you needed to put new sheets on for having your Dd in a minky diaper.

I posted a CD fail on the Why I cloth diaper thread......from 22 years ago. 
    :D. Have not had any recent ones.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
    I don't have any minky diapers, so I don't understand why you needed to put new sheets on for having your Dd in a minky diaper.

I posted a CD fail on the Why I cloth diaper thread......from 22 years ago. 
    :D. Have not had any recent ones.
    I do have one pocket minky, and if @blondolphn is talking about wicking moisture because of the minky, then the diaper's not working properly.  My minky does not wick (and it shouldn't)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm not sure if it was wicking, not a good fit, but she was pretty wet.

• Now that I think about it, I didn't have myusual combo of inserts inthat diaper for night time...

• Now that I think about it, I didn't have myusual combo of inserts inthat diaper for night time...
    Ok, that makes sense. 

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • SAK, wow! That is a tragedy too. Feather pillows are lovely to sleep with, but beasts if they ever explode like that. Even dry feathers suck to clean up. You have my sympathy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"