February 2014 Moms

Soap1 Birth Story!

Finn Lucas arrived Tuesday 1/28 at 5:38pm!

I was in early labor all day Monday.  Had a plan to be induced at 39 weeks, so I went in Tuesday morning at 4cm dilated and was induced.  They broke my water and started Pitocin around 8am, I still sat in early labor until around noon when the contractions picked up big time.  I kept walking and bouncing on the labor ball until 3:45 when I asked for the epidural.  I was around 6cm at the time.  I got a low dose epidural which I highly recommend!  I could feel pressure and contractions but could still talk through them. 

I got to 10cm about 5pm and started pushing around 5:15.  It was actually my longest labor and longest push time (only around 20 minutes of pushing, but that's longer than either of my first two!)  I got a 1st degree episiotomy because the scar tissue from DS2's episiotomy wouldn't give way.  He came out and went straight to my chest!

He's nursing pretty well and doing great.  The recovery on a 1st degree episiotomy is so much better than the 3rd degree I had for DS2, to give hope to any mamas with previous bad tears/epis.  Overall a very easy delivery, and we're home and enjoying it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Soap1 Birth Story!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"