Multiples

The jealousy begins!

Just in the last month, it's started to rear its ugly head. 

First, it started with giving the boys snacks when we're sitting around together. James suddenly began freaking out every time Simon goes in to grab something from my hand or take a bite of something I'm holding. He's started going as far as pushing Simon over and shoving his own face in the way to intercept said handful/bite. 

Then it moved on to them taking food from each other's hands or even leaning in and just nomming a bite right off the nugget or cracker or whatever their brother is holding. 

Now we've got two opposite ends of the cuddle spectrum: Sims will leave whichever one of us is holding Jamie and crawl off to the other parent to be held all by himself - he doesn't want to share. But the moment that James sees the other parent holding Simon, he climbs off of the parent he's with and demands to be held by whomever is holding Simon.... which then just inspires Simon to throw his hands in the air and scoot back over to whomever has a James-free lap. 

:: groan :: 

-_-
image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

Re: The jealousy begins!

• Hehe siblings are fun :) best advise I can give is be firm with both of them in setting limits. No snatching food, or stealing parents!
  • Right there w/ ya....having some "power struggles" over here too. On the one hand, I'm really glad that I don't have the dominant twin/submissive twin dynamic going on....they're both pretty willful....but it makes things exciting around here for sure!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine are currently fighting over sitting in a toy bin. I'm letting them work it out. Lol. They have never liked to share when it comes to cuddle time. :shrug: guess I just expect these things will happen and therefore don't freak out. As long as no one is drawing blood we're good.

This could also be the perk of being a second/third time mom with the first being a very difficult child. I choose my battles and some things just don't phase me.

Btw, the fight is already over and now I'm getting baby love. No stress.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"