February 2014 Moms

My OB is a lying liar who lies. (Just ranting, really)

magentawarpedmagentawarped member
edited January 2014 in February 2014 Moms
So, my induction is scheduled for Tuesday, but since I wasn't dilated at all, I'm also scheduled to get cervidil the night before. At my last appointment, my OB said that if I dilated any before the induction, we'd skip cervidil, and he told me to walk, have sex, do nipple stimulation just enough to get a few contractions going. The first two didn't work, so last night I busted out my breast pump. Worked like a charm. Only did it long enough to get a few contractions, not go into labor. (Please don't flame me...I had permission and I did my research!)

At my appointment today, he checked and I'm at 1 cm. Yay, right? Wrong. Now he says he wants me to at least a 3. Sigh. I really don't want to do the cervidil. I also don't want to sit there pumping nothing in order to get a couple of contractions going. Sucky.

Edited for paragraphs

Re: My OB is a lying liar who lies. (Just ranting, really)

• Loading the player...
  • Personally, I'd rather use a breast pump than have sex right now.

Good luck getting things going!
    Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at. I did promise H sexy time tonight though. I'll probably still bust out the pump this weekend though, just to keep trying.
  • Your doc should've been clearer. Inductions are far more favorable when you're dilated to a 3 than less.

image image
  • Your doc should've been clearer. Inductions are far more favorable when you're dilated to a 3 than less.

I know, but I was at 1 cm my last pregnancy and didn't use the cervidil at my induction. I just figured we'd follow the same procedure.

I know I'm just whining, really, but the less time I have to spend away from my DD, the better.

I know, but I was at 1 cm my last pregnancy and didn't use the cervidil at my induction. I just figured we'd follow the same procedure.

I know I'm just whining, really, but the less time I have to spend away from my DD, the better.
    The whining makes sense! I'd be upset too. It's a new standard of care that should've been explained. And it'll hopefully mean you don't need a section due to a failed induction and can be home really quickly after birth.

image image
  • Ah, didn't realize they changed the recommendations. That makes more sense then. I started wondering after I left the office why it was different this time around.
  • That sucks :( hopefully the pump will work some magic!

And thanks for the info @RondackHiker, it explains why my OB joked about me being at a 3 next week at my appointment (induction the following week)

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No harm in doing stuff that will not harm your baby to get thing going!
    Good luck! I'm sorry your doctor wasn't more clear with you.
  • Can you talk to your doc about using a foley balloon instead of cervidal? At my induction, I used a foley balloon to get to 4 cm.

I don't think that the balloon does anything as far as softening the cervix, and that's part of why he wants to do the cervidil. That's my understanding, at least.
  • Can you talk to your doc about using a foley balloon instead of cervidal? At my induction, I used a foley balloon to get to 4 cm.

I don't think that the balloon does anything as far as softening the cervix, and that's part of why he wants to do the cervidil. That's my understanding, at least.
    It might be worth talking to your doctor about. I started at 1cm and was worried about cervidil as well. The doctor said we'd try the foley ballon first as it basically mechanically dilates your cervix. I know that we aren't all the same, but it worked for me. I went from a 1 to a 4 in 2 hours.
    If I'm not at a three at my Monday appointment, I'll ask...can't hurt, right? Thanks for the idea!
  • Boo, I'm sorry! Walking, sexy time (avec le jizz internal), orgasms... work it girl!  

I want to say that's the proper French way.

Anniversary
  • Am I missing something? Do you have to be at least a 3 to go straight to pitocin if you aren't contracting on your own?

Well, she does, according to her doctor.

It's different for different doctors and patients and hospitals.

image image
  • @TyrannosaurusLex I LOL'd so hard at "avec le jizz" that I said it out loud in a prissy voice/French accent and DH was so confused, hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"