July 2012 Moms

Recommend your Homeowner's Insurance carrier

If it's not specific to your state I guess, who do you go through and what do you think of them?

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your Homeowner's Insurance carrier

• We have State Farm for both home and auto. We're happy so far, but we've never made a claim.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have Allstate.  We've never made a homeowner's claim,but have had to make an auto claim and things couldn't have gone smoother with that.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have USAA for home and auto. We've been with them for almost ten years, and I have zero complaints.
    I think you have to have some military affiliation to use them though. I'm not sure.

• We have American Family for home and auto. It's reasonable I suppose - the agent is BFFs with MIL so that's why we use her.

• USAA for both.  No complaints, but no claims experience either.
  • Thanks for all the ideas ladies. We won't qualify for USAA because neither MH or I have been in the military, unless parents count? I will check with the others though, because where I've been checking has been much higher than the bank thinks it should be.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• cpasley said:
    Thanks for all the ideas ladies. We won't qualify for USAA because neither MH or I have been in the military, unless parents count? I will check with the others though, because where I've been checking has been much higher than the bank thinks it should be.

Parents can definitely count, although you may need to research whether one of them has to be a member first..    I'm a USAA member and the last active military in my family was my grandfather.
  • I'll have to check about the USAA, and will see with the others too. Can't hurt to check, thanks everyone!

• We have Nationwide for both car and homeowners insurance. I personally like them, but am thinking they may be a bit too high. When we first signed up for them they had the best rates at the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • USAA- love them!
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used to have USAA for auto then last year we shopped around and Allstate happened to be half of what we were paying USAA for the exact same thing! So we switched and went with them for home as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"