September 2014 Moms

Anyone else have a bloodclot in the uterus

ThereseRoweThereseRowe member
edited January 2014 in September 2014 Moms
My RE told me today, after my second ultrasound, that have a small bloodclot in my uterus located near the placenta. This explains the spotting I had in week 5. He said he wouldn't worry about it.

My boss mentioned that blot clots in pregnancy are common and that she is not worried. She was an ER nurse/manager, so I trust her opinion.

I measured at 7 weeks 1 day, 1 cm, with a heart beat of 129 today, so that seems decent? I actually saw the heart beat which was an improvement from last weeks ultrasound.

I'm worried about this a little bit, but not overly. I just want to know if anyone had successful pregnancies after discovering a blood clot in the uterus. If so, did you do anything different (i.e. bedrest)?

Re: Anyone else have a bloodclot in the uterus

• Yes, I was diagnosed with a small hematoma at my 8w5d ultrasound and it was seen again at 9w3d. The plan is just let it play out, it explains my early spotting and if I bleed we know where it's coming from and I'll go in to the clinic to follow up unless it's heavy hemorrhage like bleeding. 

My coworker just went through this she bled her whole pregnancy (hematoma was larger) she had her baby early but that was something that happened in all her pregnancies, so unrelated to the hematoma. Her baby is healthy and happy, despite being a few weeks early. 
  • If your doctor is not worried, try not to worry. Sending TnP it doesn't cause any complications.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had them with every single one of my pregnancies. Most of them will not be a problem and will either absorb or come out without any issue. If the doctor isn't concerned I would be!

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• I was just about to post similar to this! I got a call today as well. I got my first ultrasound last week, measuring about 6 weeks with a heartbeat. However, there was a clot behind the placenta. Totally freaked me out, but then o read up about it and seems as though most cases resolve themselves. Funny though bc I haven't had any spotting. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with progesterone levels. Mine was a little low when I first found out I was pregnant, so I started a supplement.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS1: 8/26/09    |    DS2: 11/1/11

May Siggy, Favorite Onscreen Mom - Sophia, Golden Girls                                                                          
    image image
  • Thanks everyone for your replies. It seems to be fairly common, so that's reassuring!
    @SmarieMcB84 I am on progesterone suppositories also...I wonder if this has any impact on it? I mean progesterone keeps the womb from shedding it's lining, so I would assume that it would hold the clot in as well. The early spotting I had was after a bm, and then after an O, so I've been free of spotting for two weeks. It's all so strange, but I'm very happy to hear it's common! This has eased my mind quite a bit!!! Thanks, Ladies!!
  • I would assume the progesterone should help as well. I will be asking my Dr. about it. I'll let you know. Hang tough ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS1: 8/26/09    |    DS2: 11/1/11

May Siggy, Favorite Onscreen Mom - Sophia, Golden Girls                                                                          
    image image
  • Awesome! Please do! I appreciate it. :)
  • I have the exact same thing my RE said in 99% of pregnancies it's nothing. He said to expect some spotting. I haven't had any spotting yet... He also said it's very commonllike 75% of pregnancies have them.

• My very good friend had one in the first trimester and was scared to death, but by her next scan it had went away on its own. Her and her baby are healthy and perfectly normal now in the end of the second trimester. Try not to worry too much!
  • @Ziongirl77
    Wow! 75% of pregnancies have them? That is extremely common.
    I feel much better today, thanks for all your replies. I think when you hear anything is different from what you're expecting to hear, worry takes over. But you have all helped so much, so thank you!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"