Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Should I still be waking him up?

penelopemariapenelopemaria member
edited January 2014 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
My LO is fed EBM throughout the day. He eats anywhere from 8-11 times per day; 4 ounces at a time. Last night was the first time he slept more than 4 hours at a time - he slept a whole 7! He's usually my alarm clock and I was shocked when I got up this morning at 10 to find him still asleep. 

Is 7 hours too long to sleep if we're still hitting 8-11 feelings a day? Should I go back to setting my alarm to ensure he's up every 4 hours or so?

Eta: fwiw we were at the doctors last week for a well baby visit and he's gaining weight like a champ and he's In the 88th percentile for his age

DS #1 born 12.3.13
BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Should I still be waking him up?

• Let him sleep! You too! Enjoy the longer hours!
  • I agree with everyone above! Enjoy the sleep now!

**TTC #1 Sep 2009-Feb 2013**   Me: 33 DH: 32 (healthy, SA = normal)

DX (May 2010) = Lap #1 showed Stage I-II endometriosis. HSG normal. Tx with 6 mo Lupron (which did nothing...) Lap #2 June 2011 to remove endo, uterine fibroid, and polyp

IUI #1-#3 (July-Sep 2011): All Clomid 50 mg + unmonitored IUI = All BFN

October 2011 - April 2012: Outta $$$ (no insurance coverage) = back to tryin' on our own

May 2012 - August 2012: Mental break from trying

October 2012: New OB. Bloodwork normal aside from slightly low progesterone

November 2012: IUI #4: Letrozole 2.5 mg + Novarel trigger + monitored IUI + progesterone = BFN

IVF #1: Long Lupron Protocol,Menopur,Follistim, ER = 2/12/13 27R/26M/23F

2/17/13 Transferred 1 perfect Grade 1 blast. 17 frostbabies.

HPT 7dp5dt: BFP!!! Beta #1 9dp5dt: 108 Beta #2 11dp5dt: 368

U/S #1 3/21: Heartbeat and one perfect bean!!  DS born 11/6/13 via c-section

TTC #2 March - August 2015 = all BFNs

Prep for FET #1: Aug 2015: found "mass" in uterus on saline sonogram; scheduled a hysteroscopy to remove. 

Sept 2015: Hysteroscopy: mass turned out to be scar tissue(?), all removed. Recheck saline sonogram 2 weeks later showed "stuff" still in uterus (more scar tissue? remnants from surgery? Will see if clears with a period). Recheck saline sonogram 1 week later: all clear! Start Lupron and Estrace. Follow up u/s 2 weeks later: uterine lining only 5mm, add in patches. Follow up u/s 1 week later: uterine lining = 4.3mm (argh!), stop estrace and patches and start estradiol injections twice/week. Follow up u/s 2 weeks later: uterine lining = 5mm :/ Instructed to keep on estradiol injections and recheck in 5 days = lining still at 5mm. Need to make a decision - go for it? Or toss in the towel w/ this cycle and start all over again next year with a new protocol. Decided to go for it as we had 17 frosties; what have we got to lose?? 

12/2/15 = transferred 1 perfect Grade B blast

12/9/15 = HPT - BFP!!!!

Beta #1 12/11/15: 236    Beta #2  12/14/15: 503   Please stick little one!!!!

U/S scheduled for week of 1/4/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  
  • Loading the player...
  • He's back to his birth weight? Let him sleep and enjoy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• As long as he's gaining weight and there aren't any specific reasons why you need to wake him, I think your fine to let him sleep.  We had to wake DD#2 every 3 hours because she was premature.  Last week we were given the ok not the ok not to wake her.  She's still up every 3-4 hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup unless baby isn't thriving do not wake him!! He will wake when he's ready to eat. My LO slept 6 hour stretches at 10 days and once he hit 8 weeks that stretched to 8-10 hour stretches. Consistently. Some babies are just sleepers!! Be glad you are lucky to have one!
  • If he's gaining weight appropriately then I say enjoy the sleep!
  • My LO was preemie and since she's been in the NICU I had to wake her every three hours to feed. Shes now 5wks and gained almost 2lbs , pedi said she can sleep. She sometimes takes 5-6 stretches. I think as long as he's on track with weight gain it should be fine. Gl
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"