May 2013 Moms
Options

Infant chiropractic adjustments

Have any of you taken your LO in to see a chiropractor? I've heard from a few moms that had really poor sleeping/crabby babies that it helped a lot with their mood and sleep habits.

My LO has been sleeping horribly for weeks and is a nightmare during the day, no matter what I do I can't keep her happy for more than a few mins. She isn't sick and I don't think she is teething. I'm at my wits end, I'll try anything!

Thanks ladies!

Re: Infant chiropractic adjustments

• Options
    I think that if I felt safe with a chiropractor, I'd feel safe taking my baby to one. But, I don't feel safe, personally. I've heard too many bad stories and personally had a bad experience.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't taken LO, but I have friends who have used them for their kids, and have had great experiences. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MOMama987 said:

I haven't taken LO, but I have friends who have used them for their kids, and have had great experiences. 

Were your friends taking their LOs for the same reasons? Thanks for the feedback!
  • Options

I think that if I felt safe with a chiropractor, I'd feel safe taking my baby to one. But, I don't feel safe, personally. I've heard too many bad stories and personally had a bad experience.

I've gone to a chiropractor since I was 9 for back/joint issues and I love it! I just wanted to know if others had experienced change in mood/sleep with their LO.
  • Options
    I've taken LO about 5 times now. It has helped her sleeping habits quite a bit but she still doesn't STTN perfectly yet. But I found she had an easier time getting to sleep for sure. I have been going to my chiropractor for a long time and totally trust him as he has small kids too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    (I haven't posted in a while, hello again)

I see a chiropractor, and have had my LO adjusted too. Although, I haven't had him adjusted for any specific issues (he just gets adjusted while I'm there for my back). My chiro works with a lot of babies and kids, and while it doesn't always help, it makes a big difference for some. He's honest with me about it because he's one of our close friends (he was in our wedding). 

It sounds like you trust your chiropractor, so I'd say go for it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We took DD1 who was a fussy baby. I think it did help some. 
    imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • Options
    C was adjusted around 1 month old to help with fussiness. Not sure if it helped or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ab has been adjusted 4x. She is def a much happier girl afterward. I am a believer in chiropractics for myself and don't see any reason for that not to be true for her. My chiropractor talks me through each of her adjustments.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    If my hometown chiropractor weren't anti-vaccine, I'd take my baby to him.

Let us know it goes, @Boo512 !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"