Preemies
Options

Snowed "out" of NICU :(

Atlanta is shut down. Tonight was supposed to be my night to visit while DH stayed home with the older kids. It was also only "supposed" to possibly snow with accumulations of less than half an inch. Tomorrow's temps won't reach above 32 long enough to get the roads clear enough for travel. So maybe Thursday I can get to him?

My hubby drove less than 10 miles from work and had to get a hotel room because traffic and roads were so bad. Thankful he got the last room available and managed to get a sandwich before the cafe across the street closed early. What a mess.

Hugs to my fellow moms in this sad situation!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

Re: Snowed "out" of NICU :(

• Options
    Hugs to you! I know it's hard being snowed away from the nicu. I hope you can see him Thursday!
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    ((hugs)) Now I always think of the families and staff of the NICU when the roads get bad. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That stinks! Hopefully they'll get everyone dug out soon.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    I can only imagine. Sending hugs! Maybe try to get a few things done at home to get ready and make lots of check in calls!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    Aww that sucks!! Hoping you get to visit soon and your weather clears up!!
    We are having lots of super cold, snowy days here too..but I'm in Canada where we are used to it ;)
  • Options
    I've been lucky enough to be able to stay in a family room each time it was forecast to snow or was already snowing. It's kinda fun to have sleepovers at the hospital with my son! Wish we could have them at home soon!
  • Options
    Just got home from the NICU! :):) .. except the leaving again part, but I'll be back in action tomorrow. Road conditions were pretty clear, still quite a few abandoned vehicles that are in the process of being towed away. There was a huge patch of ice at the off ramp to the hospital but thankfully I navigated it without trouble.
    Little Ricky has a swallow test tomorrow and an ENT eval. They put him on Prilosec today since Zantac was not helping, as predicted. The Stridor has also become more obvious.
     I was able to get him to latch and nurse for just a few minutes before he wimped out on me, and his nurse had a bottle ready so I could help him finish his PO feed. It was such a relief to finally get to hold and cuddle with him again.
    Thanks for letting me vent!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"