February 2014 Moms

(Last?) Random Thoughts About Pregnancy

It won't be long until we all have outside babies!!

Half of me can't wait, the other half is terrified, and would let baby stay there until college.  What if we're terrible parents? 

My annoyed thought of the day? I am SOO tired of other people telling me to hurry up, they can't wait to meet baby, the suspense about gender is killing them, etc. how the hell do they think I feel!? I'm tired of being pregnant, in pain, having heartburn, peeing my pants, etc. and I'm pretty sure this baby wants out to. Either it's kicking me in the lungs, or doing something that feels like it's trying to claw it's way out with very long finger nails.

Anyone else have any thoughts, vents, or rants? Or nice things about no longer being pregnant?
F14 Siggy Challenge

Re: (Last?) Random Thoughts About Pregnancy

• I'm pretty tired of people saying "Oh! It could be any day, huh?" Of course it could! But it could also be a month from now! Don't get my hopes up (thanks MIL) about how soon it could be. You get to go home and keep your own body for yourself. I'd REALLY appreciate if this kid would stop trying to break my ribs and shove on my spine! It friggin' hurts and leaves me not able to do most stuff during the day. So yeah, I'd love for it to be "any day now", but realistically I have a while!

Sorry for the vent. Pain makes me angry. It's really only been bad for a few days, and I'm pretty sure it's just his position. It'll pass.

J. Jackson

Feb '14 March Siggy Challenge: Face Slaps

Daisypath - (SVGA)
    Lilypie - (xd4F)
    Lilypie - (jQcs)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm paranoid that I'm going to go into labor after a night at work, specifically after the first night. I'm routinely awake 25 hours and the idea of trying to labor with no sleep horrifies me.

Or having my water break with no other seniority nurses working. OB is literally across the hall so at least I'm close. But the idea of having no one with more than a year experience left in charge scares me :(

And can people please stop pointing out my belly button?! Even my OB has poked at it my last 2 visits while vaguely mentioning a hernia....ugh

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't like knowing the birth date of LO.  We are getting very close now and I feel like I'm going to hurl or hyperventilate.  I'm so ready to meet him but I'm really nervous.  Sitting here thinking about every single detail and knowing exactly when the surgery is scheduled is making me a high strung wreck.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm tired of people asking me how I feel. My hip feels like it's fractured, My lower back hurts like hell, My pubic bone feels like a wish bone being pulled apart, my ribs hurt from sleeping on my right side all the time, I can't sleep on my left because of my hip. ..but other than that I'm great! And to top it off I had a dream that I lost my mucus plug at the beach. ETA: I'm terrified of labor. Especially after the ring of fire talk the other day. I want to throw a pity party for my vag.
    @Beachbumm2214 a GIF for you
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Jecca07 said:
    I'm pretty tired of people saying "Oh! It could be any day, huh?" Of course it could! But it could also be a month from now! Don't get my hopes up (thanks MIL) about how soon it could be. You get to go home and keep your own body for yourself. I'd REALLY appreciate if this kid would stop trying to break my ribs and shove on my spine! It friggin' hurts and leaves me not able to do most stuff during the day. So yeah, I'd love for it to be "any day now", but realistically I have a while!

Sorry for the vent. Pain makes me angry. It's really only been bad for a few days, and I'm pretty sure it's just his position. It'll pass.
    Agreed. It COULD be any day now, or it COULD be in 4 weeks. image
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Thanks for starting this thread, I totally had a moment earlier. I finally packed my hospital bag today and made a list for last minute things to throw in. I took a nap with the kids and when they woke up I was still so tired I just couldn't stop crying. I do not feel like I am ready to go through it all again (L&D, the newborn stage and just switching from two to three kids). I'm praying for the best, but I'm just so nervous and scared. I know he can't stay in forever, but realizing he can be here ANY day now (not weeks away anymore), just sent me over the edge. I'm hoping to wake up in a better mood tomorrow.
  • My doctor is on vacation and so I had to see a midwife this week. She measured my fundal height and got 45 cm.

I know that this isn't totally accurate but I'm 38 weeks 4 days and now I'm freaked out I'm having a baby the size of a toddler. Now I have a growth ultrasound next week and I don't really see the point. She has to come out no matter what. Right?
  • I will miss parts of pregnancy but I am SO over reflux! Tums and protonix have both started failing me so nothing helps. I have also been worrying about going into labor at work and not having anyone i really trust taking over my patients for me- control issues i know lol. I definitely cannot wait to meet my baby though soo exciting!
  • ScaredOfCatsScaredOfCats member
    edited January 2014
    I am definitely terrified of having an outside baby. My DH can't quite understand my concerns though. He just thinks he is going to have someone to play with... I will miss being able to wear leggings and a tight sweater dress and not giving a F about how my body looks. That has definitely been one of my favorite things lately.
  • jpoindahousejpoindahouse member
    edited January 2014

I have gotten fat....really, really freakin' fat and disgusting. That is all...

Oh yeah. and I too am terrified of becoming a parent. I was thinking of all my neurotic tendencies and flaws and DH's issues and I'm convinced that this kid will need lots of therapy one day. To be fair, we are good, loving people, but I'm still convinced that we will manage to mess this kid up no matter how well intentioned we may be

• bribbon said:

@btwilhelm, something similar happened to me with DS! I measured 41 cm at 38 w, so doc ordered an u/s. Fundal height isn't incredibly accurate, esp if you haven't been consistently measuring ahead, so the u/s will be more accurate (but still not perfect) and give you a better idea of whether the baby will be that big.

Deep breaths, don't worry :). It's just more information to keep you two safe. Whatever the tests show, it's nice to know now rather than in the middle of labor, right?

I've been 2-3 weeks ahead consistently, and my bf and I were both 10 lbs. So it's entirely possible she's huge, but you made me feel better. :)

Like you said, things will go better if they know ahead of time.
  • I'm with @bribbon. I know his is my last pregnancy and I'm a bit sad that its coming to an end. I can't wait to meet LO and I'm uncomfy, but its wierd to think ill never get to feel an inside baby again. Then again, I'm convinced he's trying to get out through my belly button and it fing hurts so maybe that's not a terrible thing.

I'm sick of people telling me I dropped. At least one person has said it a day for the last month. I'm just carrying low...
  • I'm so glad no one has said to me "get your sleep now" because seriously, I know I WILL NOT SLEEP WELL. Newborn baby on top of my crazy thoughts of "is she going to stop breathing?" going on in my head, yeah sleep isn't going to come easy.

Also, I'm kinda scared to have my abdomen cut open again and my organs rearranged. I have a *slight* fear that they'll put something back in the wrong place. I'm not meant to be a puzzle :-S
    Our baby boy passed to SIDS on 12/6/12http://oi59.tinypic.com/2vaebew.jpg
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    A gift from Heaven...Our Little RAINBOW arrived 1/31/14!

• @bluedot818 I may have started singing that to the tune of O Christmas Tree.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • clozgobluclozgoblu member
    edited January 2014
    It won't be long until we all have outside babies!!

Half of me can't wait, the other half is terrified, and would let baby stay there until college.  What if we're terrible parents? 

My annoyed thought of the day? I am SOO tired of other people telling me to hurry up, they can't wait to meet baby, the suspense about gender is killing them, etc. how the hell do they think I feel!? I'm tired of being pregnant, in pain, having heartburn, peeing my pants, etc. and I'm pretty sure this baby wants out to. Either it's kicking me in the lungs, or doing something that feels like it's trying to claw it's way out with very long finger nails.

Anyone else have any thoughts, vents, or rants? Or nice things about no longer being pregnant?

I feel the exact same way. Even though we know we're having a little girl, I'm tired of people telling me to hurry up. Right, like I have that power. If I did, I'd have a different career.

I'm also terrified of labor and of how much life is about to change. My husband is only excited and doesn't seem to have the anxiety I have about our lives changing, so I guess it's good that one of us feels so ready.

And while I'm very tired and barely sleeping, (don't TP me!) I have really loved being pregnant and haven't had any major issues or gripes. After TTC for a couple years with no luck, and then a loss very early last year, I still wake up even at 39 weeks along excited that I'm pregnant and praying that I'll be able to do this again one day. I hope this isn't my only shot.

My big gripe is that my MIL doesn't seem to understand why I'd be tired after a long day at work and want to go home instead of going to her loud and crazy house. So not able to relax there...I just want to spend my last weekend before the baby is due at home with my husband with my feet up. And watch the Superbowl. Alone.

• DH just texted to tell me that we're supposed to get the biggest snowstorm we've had since the 1800s on Tuesday. We have a tentative induction set for Friday, 2/7 (41w), but I'm guessing now that if I'm not in labor by Monday, DH will probably insist we try inducing then. I really, really don't want to induce, but I don't want to give birth on a sled or on the highway in my Subaru. And no matter what, we're going to be dealing with family freaking out about getting to the hospital. This might be the thing today that pushes me over the edge from "emotionally unstable" to "hysterical."

I'm with you-only my induction is Sunday evening, with a big Tuesday storm. With any luck, labor will start on its own this weekend... Or the induction will go supremely great and we will get to go home before the weather gets too bad!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• lurking from j14- today is my due date and no sign of baby. i am equal parts jealous and exhausted when I see all their newborn baby topics! I've been really happy but then I cried a lot this morning (hormones). I can't tell if I want baby to come RIGHT NOW or wait 2 more weeks...
  • I'm seriously sick of family calling & 'just checking'. I feel like saying, "Yes! I had the baby last week, I just couldn't be bothered to tell anyone."
    And then I have those friends & family who aren't parents & ask the dumbest questions. My aunt asked me if they knew how big the baby was based on how much weight I had put on. And then there's the whole "any signs yet?" I'm not sure how many times I have to explain that there is no way to know.
    The strange thing to me is that I will miss being pregnant, even though I will be so happy to be kissing the baby.
  • @ utpony...the last time I went in, I asked for an exam glove. The nurse cocked her eyebrow at me, I told her I'm tired of peeing on my hand because I can no longer see... she started laughing, but handed me one anyway.
    I too am so so tired of "you're due when??? Honey, you're not big enough to be due on the 25th". Sorry I just don't get that huge :/ On the other hand, I am so tired of being pregnant. I just want this little guy out <3
  • I thought my water broke while I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth. After a minute, I realized no, I just peed my pants. While standing in the bathroom. How does that happen? Tired of being pregnant!
    F14 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"