March 2014 Moms
Options

Carpal tunnel anyone?

BabybeachbumBabybeachbum member
edited January 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Is anyone else experiencing numbness in their hands? I woke up yesterday and today with numbness in my right thumb, pointer and middle fingers as well as half my right palm. I asked the dr at my hospital check up today about it and she said it's carpal tunnel. Apparently it's common bc of swelling in my wrist and will go away after the baby is born.

Re: Carpal tunnel anyone?

• Options
    I have it bad in one hand...in the morning I woke up with pain and difficulty moving my fingers
  • Options
    Yep, very common.  This time I just wake up with one or both hands numb frequently, but last time my fingers on my right hand went numb at 18 weeks and stayed that way till about 6-10 PP.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, my left hand is way worse than my right hand. I'm wearing a wrist brace and praying for the day that I can take ibuprofen!
  • Options
    Yes, I've had it for several weeks now. We had an entire thread about this then, it is apparently very common

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yep have had it for at least 6 weeks now. I've been wearing the wrist braces at night and can hold a pen to write again thanks to them but it's not totally better
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it's Carpal Tunnel, cause I can move my fingers just fine and there isn't any numbness, but my right wrist hurts like craaaaaazy!!!
  • Options
    Oh yes, more in the left hand than the right, but when I wake up it is terrible! The numbness in my fingertips is starting to last all day. My doc said it would go away after the baby is born... Hopefully!
  • Options
    I had ct in both hands pre pg and its actually gotten better for me. Might have to do with the hormone relaxin? I haven't had any swelling so far though so my guess is if I do I'm in big trouble. Sleeping with wrist braces helps a lot as well as doing stretches throughout the day. Only a few more weeks!!
  • Options
    Mine was terrible. I got a brace for both hands and wear them when I sleep and when I am on an airplane. They have worked miracles. My swelling is still there, but not nearly as bad and the pain has dramatically decreased. 
  • Options
    My right hand just started getting bad this week.  It's awful at night and worse in the morning.  I get pain and numbness and have very little fine motor control.  Time to buy a brace.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! I will wake up most mornings with my right hand completely numb. My middle fingertip has sporadically been getting more and more numb too. Hope relief comes soon for you ladies!
  • Options
    yup, numbness in morning, limp wrist during the day.  Sore....complete inability to open my jar of pickles.

This shits glamorous

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Options
    Where can I get a brace?? Are the cvs ones the ones you ladies are using??
  • Options
    I got both of mine at CVS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"