Cloth Diapering

Simplex take forever to dry?

I've been prepping my dipes this week after I finally received my last fluffy mail shipment that I'd been waiting on. I saved my natural fiber diapers for last and have found that the Simplex take (what I think, I'm new, so maybe not) a ridiculous amount of time to dry. I hung them on a drying rack - It's been 24 hours and they are still damp. I've only had this issue with the Simplex - I also have Elementals, Freetimes, Nicki's Bamboo, Moraki, and a WAHM or 2, no prob with drying those.

I'm new to CD so I'm second-guessing myself on everything that I've done and keep worrying I'll screw it up -- Can I/should I throw them in the drier after letting them dry on the rack for a few hours? 
i  d o  |  0 6 . 0 7 . 0 8
s o p h i a  |  0 8 . 1 8 . 0 9 |  8  l b s  4  o z
e m m y  |  0 2 . 1 1 . 1 4 |  8  l b s  1 0  o z

Re: Simplex take forever to dry?

• Did you flip the insert out? Those flip out, right? Or am I confusing them with basix?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the same issue - they took around 36 hours to be dry completely (though I didn't really check a whole lot between 24 and 36 hours, so it could be faster).

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the humidity of your drying area.

I had enough variety of diapers that I didn't really mind the extra dry time - I just planned that into my diapering.

And you can throw them in the drier - I know some folks do that to soften them up - so you should be fine!  I never did, but you certainly can!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Summertime line drying I thought they dried fast. In winter I put them in the dryer on low. No big deal
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did you flip the insert out? Those flip out, right? Or am I confusing them with basix?
    Yep, I flipped the insert out so that it's hanging out/dangling from the diaper. I'm going to just throw them in the drier so I can finally finish prepping these things :) This is the 4th wash/dry and I think that's good for now.

Thanks for the advice all!
    i  d o  |  0 6 . 0 7 . 0 8
    s o p h i a  |  0 8 . 1 8 . 0 9 |  8  l b s  4  o z
    e m m y  |  0 2 . 1 1 . 1 4 |  8  l b s  1 0  o z
  • I put them in the dryer for 10-20mins to finish off, by on low only

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• They dry same as pockets for me, but it's cold and dry as hell here.  I often just throw them in the dryer, though.
  • I hang mine and they dry way faster than my Elementals.  Do you have forced air heat?  I hang mine over a register and the warm air helps speed things along.  I also have a little fan that I aim at them on low that helps keep air moving.  There's also always finishing them off in the dryer.

TTC since September 2009.

IVF #2: +HPT 2/6/12! ~ Boy/Girl Twins!!

• We've always lived in humid climates since we started CD, so I just came to accept that if I was going to have AIOs we were going to put them in the dryer and live with whatever consequences there are to that. So far our AIOs are still okay.
  • Bleachy14 said:
    Mandmeesh said:
    Summertime line drying I thought they dried fast. In winter I put them in the dryer on low. No big deal

This! I resorted to using the dryer in the winter. I'm too impatient to wait for them to hang dry in my basement, plus I don't have enough stash to get me through that long of a dry time. Still takes about 2 hours on low for them to dry completely, but it's better than line drying IMO!
    Ummmmmmmm you need more diapers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• True dat... Buy more diapers!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"